"Some are born old maids, some achieve old maidenhood, and some have old maidenhood thrust upon them." ~ Miss Lavender
Thursday, July 9, 2015
The missing months and an apology survey
Before we get to the meat of this post- I just have to explain the missing months. I profoundly appologize for going missing this year. But I guess I have to be honest with you. This year has not been easy. I think those of you who really know me- or at least read my blog closely have seen it coming. I know it's nothing to be ashamed of, but I have to admit that lately I have not been handling life all that well. In January I got an official diagnosis of depression. I've always been the kind of person who says, "psh- all you have to do to get rid of depression is get off your butt and do something. You just need to serve others to be happy." Well, sadly, not only is my life not perfect, but I don't actually know everything. There were days were I couldn't make it any farther than the couch.
BUT between medication, counseling and nice weather, things are actually starting to look up a little. Air conditioning is also helping. And the fuzzy penguin named Gilbert that I sleep with at night.
With that out of the way, let me make up my absence to you. I'd like to officially start my comeback to the blogging world with this silly little facebook survey. By the end of it you should be ready for another 6 month break from me. :)
Keep an eye out the next month or so. I have a special project in mind for my blog and I'm hoping I have the time and energy to get 'er done.
1. Real name?
2. Nickname? Heaboo, Bakeshow, Binzer
3. Favorite color?
4. Male or female?
5. Elementary school?
6. Middle school?
7. High school?
10. Tall or short?
11. Sweats or jeans?
12. Phone or camera?
13. Health freak?
14. Orange or apple?
15. Do you have a crush on someone?
16. Guy friends or girl friends?
17. Piercings? Just my ears. When I was 7 dad asked what I wanted for my birthday. I said i wanted to get my ears peirced so he took me to the mall and I had it done. When we got home he got in big trouble because mom had already told me I coudlnt get my ears pierced until I was 10.
18. Pepsi or coke? Niether- Give me water! Ice water, please.
19. Have you been in an airplane?
20. Have you been in a relationship?
21. Have you been in a car accident? Ummm... Here ya go.
22. Have you been in a fist fight? Nope. I don't think the fights we had as kids count as fist fights.
23. First piercing? See #17
24.Best Friend? That's a relative term. There are lots of people I love. The ones I currently confide in are Jessica and Melissa A. Then there is Ana who I spend a lot of my buddy time with. And there are people who, though we may not speak very often, I never have to question the friendship, Wendy, Heather, Amanda, Cami, Melissa W-N, Kaetty, Amy N, Desiree... And that's not even counting my family.
25. First award? I don't know... probably something in softball or like, a perfect attendance award in kindergarten.
26. First crush? Probably Justin S. There world, I admitted it. Fine.
27. First word? You'll have to ask my parents. That was much too long ago.
28. Any talent?
29. Last person you talked to?
30. Last person you text?
31. Last person you watched a movie with?
32. Last thing you ate?
33. Last movie/ TV show you watched? America's Got Talent
34. Last song you listened to?
35. Last thing you bought?
36. Last person you hugged?
•Favorite: 37. Food:
•Have you ever? 44. fallen in love with someone
45. celebrated Halloween
46. Had your heart broken? multiple times.
47. gone over the minutes/ texts on your phone? One time I went over on texts. My brother and I were quoting Lord of the Rings to each other and basically text each other the entire screenplay. It cost me $30!
48. had someone like you? meh... I guess. But he was crazy.
49. left the country?
50. gone to the beach with your best friend?
•Have you ever: 51. Lost glasses: No, but I broke these ones at Disneyland once.
52. Been in love:
53. Cried when someone died?
Ok- There ya go! I cut out about half of the questions because they were lame/repetitive/completely irrelevant to any facet of my life.
I promise I'll be better at blogging. If only because I need something new to read at work.