Monday, June 27, 2011

Celebrity Lunch Date: Fictional Characters 2

It's a rare story indeed that I have read and seen on screen and not thought one was better than the other (usually the book is better) but this next one I like both and would love- that's L.O.V.E. to meet the story's namesake.

Howl from Howl's Moving Castle

stolen here

I saw the movie first and really liked it- then I read the book and loved it! but for different reasons. They are not the same. The movie takes a kind of... odd twist on it (it being a Miyazaki film and all... you know) and needs to be looked at as something different than the book. There are things I like about the book that I don't like about the movie, and vice versa.  But either way, I love Howl (though the movie howl seems awfully shallow at times).

I mean, I love Sophie too, but Howl- I just wanna hug him for being so wonderful.

No comments: