Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Opinionated

What age is it that you genuinely stop giving a rat's rear about what people think?

Jim Parsons says it's 40. I can do 40. It's not TOOOOO far away (much closer than I'd like to admit, actually)


I wish I could be like that. I wish I didn't care so much what other people thought of me. I have opinions. I am vocal about them. I speak my mind- then feel badly when others don't like what I say. Not that everyone has to agree with me- I enjoy a good mental tussle over ideas- something that I don't ever get anymore since everyone is so PC and scared to say anything controversial. I'm one of them. I can't lie. There are so many opinions I have about things in this world that I keep to myself because I am afraid of the backlash of haters.

When that day comes- the day that I'm ready to turn this blog into a soapbox- I'll probably get shot for my opinions. But until then- until I'm ready to face the criticism that will come with saying everything that I think is wrong with the world- I will keep it to myself (Well, I'll keep it on a small scale of course. If you want to know my opinion on a topic, you have but to ask).

No comments: