Because of this, I've had a pretty lousy weekend (don't get me wrong, there were some fabulous highlights but we're focusing on the negative right now, so deal with it).
So I've decided to make a list of things I don't like. Because it's funny and I can.
- I don't like having a headache. That should be obvious so we'll just get it out of the way first thing.
- I don't like cooked fruit. I don't know why this is weird to some people. I'll eat (most) fresh fruit till my head falls off- but once you cook it? gag-o-rama! For me this rules out any fruit pie (cherry, apple, berry...) and any of your cobblers. If you put fruit in cookies that's just mean.
- Along the fruit lines- I hate, loathe, despise and abominate cantaloupe. I hate the sight of it, the smell of it and the taste of it. In fact, I can't eat anything that has even touched cantaloupe. And if you cut cantaloupe, and then (without washing it) use the same knife to cut watermelon, I can't eat the watermelon because the taste is that strong and I can't handle it. Some people, when they come home from their missions, they tell stories of the really gross things they had to eat as missionaries, such as bird fetus, or monkey brains or chicken beaks... me? the thing I had the hardest time choking down as a missionary was a slice of cantaloupe (well, that and a badly made flan- but we'll leave that off today).
- It really REALLY bugs me when people think that non-Disney movies are Disney. Anastasia is NOT a Disney movie! not Not NOT!!! GAAAAHHHH The Land Before Time is also not Disney. Whenever I see pins on Pinterest that are all Disney related- but they include a non-Disney movie in it- I can't bring myself to pin it because this bugs me so much. (ps- sense the tone and you'll find how I feel about the movie Anastasia. bleh).
- When other cars go under the speed limit I go crazy. If you're driving the speed limit and I want to pass you, I can't get mad at you- but when you're driving 25 in a 40 and I can't get past you- just know that I am mentally shooting lasers at your head.
- I can't stand people who are as fake as a three dollar bill- when they're SO fake that you wonder if they're faking being that fake- or if they really just think you're that stupid that you won't realize how full of crap they are.
- I don't like watching the news these days. What a horrible world we live in. I wish they would talk about the wonderful things that happen- all the miracles that happen everyday, instead of the death and destruction that humankind is bringing upon itself. Who needs another plague? We'll kill ourselves off eventually.
- I don't like being alone. I've had years of practice and you'd think by now I'd be used to it- but I'm not and I still don't like it.
- I don't like eating leftover macaroni and cheese. Eew. It never reconstitutes just right.
- I don't like matching my socks back up after I wash them. I do it- but I don't like it.
- The same can be said for ironing. My wardrobe would triple if I would just iron my shirts.