Saturday, April 30, 2011

My London Travel Guide: places I want to go

Since my time in London was rather limited (a few hours here and there), I missed out on a lot of things I really wanted to do.  What will I make a priority next time I visit?

First thing for *sure*: Westminster Abbey


I was *right there* I could see it! But the girl I was with didn't want to go and she was throwing a real hissy fit. It was all I could do to get her to walk down the street so I could at least say I saw it. She didn't care if she saw it or not, let alone went inside. She didn't care if she saw Parliament or Big Ben either. (WHO DOES THAT?)

So next time, first thing on the list is the Abbey. Poet's Corner? Hell-lo! The place where EVERY king since William the Conqueror has been crowned? Yeah. I'm so there.

Next stop: Jack the Ripper Walking Tour


Be shocked if you must. But the sheer horror of Jack the Ripper intrigues me to no end. I think the tour would be so creepily fascinating. I won't go alone though. I'm too big a chicken for that.

Next Destination: Madam Tussauds


Super cheesy, I know (umm... who are we dealing with people? I'm queen of cheesy). I've just seen it on so many travel shows that I want to see it in person.

And finally: The Peter Pan Statue


I wandered Kensington Gardens looking for it but never did find it. I would like to go back and see it. Next time though- I'm going on my own terms and not dealing with travel companions who don't want to do anything- and are embarrassed to be with people who take pictures. A word of travel advice- don't ruin the fun for other people by being a major stick in the mud.

No comments: