Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's Not Easy Being Green...

...with envy.

Last September-ish I heard that Wicked was going to be in Boise. I told everyone. I told my sisters. I told my nieces. I told friends. At the time I was too poor to even think about going. I wanted to, but I couldn't. When the time came for tickets to go on sale, I was too poor. (Heck, I'm too poor now- but this is my blog and I can complain if I want to.)  And now, my sisters, my nieces and my friends are in Boise and going to the Matinee performance of Wicked today.



And I'm not.

I have to work.

My sisters, nieces and friends are all wearing green for the occasion (it's just something weird that we do). I am wearing black. I'm mourning the fact that I didn't get to go. I'm mourning my poor-ness. I'm mourning that I live in a town where nothing cool happens (rarely, ok. I realize once in a blue moon something remarkable comes to town). And I'm really super homesick for Colorado today. Like, extra super lots more than I usually am. Like, looking for jobs there and wondering if I could afford to live there on my own.

Anyway, I am the one who introduced my sisters and nieces to Wicked. So I hope they have a wonderful time without ME because without ME they wouldn't have taken the trip to see the show that I made them fall in love with.

Truly, No good deed goes unpunished.


I hear ya, Elphaba.

2 comments:

Cindy Lou said...

You can hate me, too, because I am going tonight.

. said...

So sad! Are you serious about coming back to Denver? You should!! You can be mad at me, too... since I am going to Wicked in Canada next month! Such a great musical!

Julie