Monday, June 24, 2013

Disney Selfies

I took a lot of pictures while on vacation. and not all of them were of myself (thankyouverymuch) but this post is filled with the ones that are of me. No one else was really into taking pictures. I don't know why I have this overwhelming desire to take pictures of Ev.Er.Y.Thing, but I do. And since I didn't want to constantly hand my camera off, I just took them myself.

This is the kid and me sitting just outside the parks on one of the Mickey head benches. I bought the ears for her- because I believe every kid should have their very own mouse ears on their first trip to Disneyland. She didn't like wearing them- so I did.

Four years ago when I went to California Adventure for the very first time, I went on the ride Mulholand Madness (now changed to Goofy's Flight School). It's a wild mouse type ride and I hate it. HATE it. I vowed never to go on it again. But, I let my sister talk me into giving it one more chance.

I still hate it. In fact, I think I hate it even more now. The ride broke down about 20 feet from the end of the ride. The came to assist us and ask us if we (my sister who was in an ACV) were able to step down and walk off, or if we needed they needed to call for firemen to come help us off. I've heard the California firemen are legendarily HOT so I said YES!!! but then the cast member said they're just the park firemen and they're not that great. So, disappointed, we stepped down and walked off the ride unassisted.

(We thought they were going to give us our own car so I sat in front and Mel in back- then they put to random "single riders" with us so they got stuck with my insane screams of death.)

We planned on going on the Grizzly river rapids early in the day so we'd have the whole day to dry out. Good thing because I was freaking soaked after- but not as much as my sister, Kim. She looked like she had an accident. My dear brave aunt also went on the ride and got a little soaky-soaked!


Kim was the unlucky chump to get stuck with me on the Toy Story Ride. I kicked everyone's trash in the scores! Yeah baby!!! The Wii version is fun- but not nearly as fun as the actual ride.

I was excited to be with Mel and Kim for their first time on the Little Mermaid Ride. It really is a cute ride.

What I was most excited for this trip was seeing Cars Land. Last year we went one week before it opened- so I could see it behind the wall, but it wasn't open yet for us to go into. This is me walking into Radiator Springs for the first time!

It was fun to go with Squeek on the Pooh ride. Notice her graduation ears, congratulations! Whenever she met a character they gave her a thumbs up and a high five!)

One of my favorite new rides is Luigi's Flying Tires. I've never been on a ride like it before and it was so much fun! 


Also new to me was Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. Super fun ride that whips the heck out of you! Next time though I'm going on it without a camera in my hands so I can enjoy the ride for the ride's sake! (all of these rides, actually) 


We had one day early entry to the park so we took it on our C.A. day. we stood in line for like and hour and half to get fast passes for the Radiator Springs Racers. Then we had to stand in the fast pass line to get on the ride. Just as we were the next people to get in a car, the ride broke down. I guess because it's a fairly new ride it breaks down a lot. I mean a LOT. Some of the break downs are a few minutes, but some of them require the ride to be completely shut down and it takes two hours to reboot (I stood in line next to a Disney Host [one of my dream jobs] who was escorting a VIP family around the park- so I know that is true). They wouldn't give us our passes back, and basically said we were screwed. That was the first time I've ever been disappointed in the Disney system. How freaking unfair. We had to wait in line for fast passes (which are gone by 10:30 a.m.) and then wait in line again. We could wait another two hours for the ride to get going because if we got out of the line we would have to wait in the 2.5 hour standby line. But because we were in the wheelchair line, they told us of a little thing called a recovery pass- where you show the cast member your disability pass, and they'll give you a pass for the wait time of the line and then you can use that like a fast pass. So our original fast passes were for 12:30. At 6:00 p.m. we finally got on the ride! Ugh! Thank goodness for recovery passes!

The ride was worth the wait though. It was totally awesome!

This last one is on the Alice in Wonderland ride. I don't know why I think it's so cute- I just love this ride (Peter Pan is still my favorite though). This one shows our cute crowns that we all wore that day. We had a lot of people comment on them throughout the day so it was a lot of fun.

No comments: