Monday, June 17, 2013

Disneyland 2013- Eats and Treats!

This is always the first and most important post after a trip to Disneyland- all the new things I ate! Of course, I ate all my favorites, but I found time to squeeze in some new things.

Pizza from the Village Haus:


It was passable- but not great. I needed some ranch or something to dip the crust in because the crust to actually pizza ratio was a little off.

Mickey Beignets from the Mint Julep Bar


Freaking delicious! We all shared- but I got the best one because I had the last one in the  bag and that was the one smothered in powdered sugar. It was a huge mess- but mmmmmmm BOY!


Cheese Dog from the Corn Dog Castle on Paradise Pier


Deep fried cheese? Is there a downside to this? It was really, really good. But if it came to a choice between this and a regular Disney corndog- the corndog would win for sure.

Mint Bliss Shake from Ghiradelli Soda Fountain at Pacific Wharf (California Adventure)


This was divine. Expensive and really, REALLY rich- but oh baby, it was good.

Food from the Lucky Fortune Cookery.


We got one of each of the meals. Mine was the Thai Curry and it was super yumm-o. My sisters got the Mandarin chicken and the Teryaki Chicken. Both good- but I liked mine the best. (My fortune talked about a change in my job... scary).

Chicken Sammy from the Hungry Bear Restaurant in Critter Country.


I think I talked about this last year. I had the nasty burger with sweet potato fries and my Sister in law got this sammy- I had a bite and it was good so I wanted my own this time- just as good as I remember and because I hate sweet potato fries, I got onion rings. I don't really like those either, but I'd rather have that than the alternative (I could have gone with apple slices, but where's the fun in that?)

Also from the Hungry Bear:

Chocolate pie.

Oh. My. Gosh. This was soooooooo yummy. It was a shame I had to share it.


and the Lemon cupcake with lemon honey frosting


Yumm Yumm yummmmmmmm

Churro Bites from the Cozy Cone Motel


These are much like regular churros, except they're served with a chocolate cinnamon dipping sauce. I wasn't a huge fan of the sauce- but at least I gave it a try. I also had hot chocolate with cinnamon (same place) but with all the chocolate and cinnamon on the churros, it kind of lost it's flavor so I waited a while to drink it.

Turkey Dinner from Flo's V8 Cafe


This was good. It tasted a lot like cafeteria food- but I don't know what more one can expect. Also, I had the little Mud Pie that was rather good- very creamy.

Mickey Pretzels


I think I've actually had these before- but I'd never blogged about it. They're definitely better when hot- and smothered in cheese.

Breakfast Burrito from Tomorrowland Terrace

It was actually pretty good- spicier than I thought it would be. The only downer was that the wrapper stuck to the tortilla so it tore it apart when I tried to unwrap it.  (and please notice the lovely chocolate parfait- oh yes- I had one for breakfast. :) I HAD to- they tainted my fruit cup with *gag* cantaloupe! ) 


No comments: