Friday, July 5, 2013

Working the 4th

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays- so naturally when I have to work said holiday, I get a little upset, especially when I have to work 3 in a row- but whatever.

I have to wear what they tell me when I work- but I got as festive as I could in my accessories (without being *that* crazy lady).

I had my stars (there's a necklace too- but I'm so washed out you can't see it!)


and my stripes. I love these socks! They cover three of my favorite major holidays! and I tucked my pants into my socks and claimed they were pantaloons and that I was going vintage 1776, but that of course was after I normally go to bed and I was not thinking clearly.


You can see from the first picture that it was waaaaaaaay past bedtime when I took it. The makeup is gone and the eyes are wishing to be closed. I had to work the super late shift because I got the crap shift. But I'm not bitter. (lies) I am however, tired.

I was quite lucky to walk out of work last night and see some fireworks- because they were not in my fortune tonight. I tried to watch for fireworks from the fourth floor window, but there was a huge tree in the way. Oh well, at least I got to see some last night.

I was up till 3 am baking and then up early in the morning decorating a cake to take to work- so you'd better check it out.

Hope you had a fun holiday. And to you who don't live in the U.S- I hope you had a nice Thursday. :)

3 comments:

Granted By Tiffany said...

whoo hoo! It's a post!!! I LOVE the cake!

Barbara said...

Five weeks ago I had my beautiful baby son. Not only am I sleep deprived but I also miss reading your blog at 2am when I'm nursing the wee one. Come on, there must be something to write about! Anything? :-) xxx

Barbara said...

Can't believe I commented on the wrong blog posting. So sorry! Lack of sleep, all I'm saying :-( Feel free to delete - thank you and kind regards from Switzerland