Friday, May 31, 2013

Look Ma, No Man!

I am really good at playing the helpless female when it comes to certain things- cars being one of them. I am really good about taking Dory in for her oil changes (now that I get them free as long as I have her... and as long as I go to Poky to get them).

But today I took one further step toward independence! A few weeks ago I was pulled over for having a tail light out. And I've been putting off getting it fixed for weeks. The original plan for Disneyland was to trade cars with my mom and the week I was gone I was going to make my Dad get everything fixed. Well, that's not the plan anymore so I had to get it done on my own. [grumble grumble grouch]


So I went to car parts store #1 and asked for the part and for help changing the light. I looked as cute as I possibly could- which apparently didn't do the trick because he wouldn't help me. It's fine. He was an icky old man anyway. So I went to car parts store #2 and tried again. That kid sold me the light and then went outside to look at Dory to see if he could help me. There are only some cars they are allowed to help with and- die of shock- mine is not one that they are allowed to touch.

Stupid car manufacturer makes it so that the owner has to take it to the dealer to be fixed. Yeah right. The last time I took my car to the dealer for a tail light, they charged me thirty bucks to screw in a two dollar light bulb. So I bought the bulb and came home and googled how to do it and did it myself!

Behold!




I only broke two parts (the weird little peg-screw thingies that hold the lights onto the car- but they'll still do their job well enough) and I only swore three and a half times. Only I don't consider dammit a swear word so I guess it was only one and a half.

But I did it! All. By. Myself!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay! Way to go, you wonder woman!

Amy said...

You are my hero. And I like the last phot of you - pretty eye makeup!

Melissa Ann said...

I am so proud of you!