Monday, May 6, 2013

Is there a problem, Officer?

Nothing spoils the end of a good weekend faster than being pulled over. Ugh.

I went to Idaho this past weekend, hung with the fam, played lots of games and ate a ton (they also have Smores ice cream- and now they have three less pints than they did before). Seriously, I bought a present for myself to have on my next weight goal- and yeah- I was super close before I went- and I think I just put myself back two weeks. But every deep fried, carb filled bite was worth it.

On the way home though, I got pulled over for having a crack in my windshield (lame) and a burned out tail light (Ok, that one was my bad- I didn't know). I couldn't find my proof of insurance. I have the last five year's and two of last year's but I couldn't find this year's. Plus I was shaking so bad I couldn't even tear open an envelope. It's seriously been years since I have been pulled over. I grew up, got responsible and lightened up my lead foot so I'm not used to be pulled over like I used to be. I didn't swear once though- not even in my head. So that's good, right?

Anyway, the officer very graciously let me off with warnings- which he didn't have to do seeings how I live in Utah, have Idaho plates and a Colorado licence. Yeeeeah- I could have been in BIG trouble for all of that. But he was nice enough to let me go. Maybe it was because I'm wearing my "lucky shirt" today- or maybe because my car hit 77,777 miles today. Probably not.

Of course now, I have this sickening feeling that won't go away. I mean, for the last two weeks or so I've had this anxiety that doesn't really ever seem to go away- but it seems a little amplified tonight. So I'm going to make a list of things I love to see if I can't turn my mood a little.
  • I like Red Delicious apples. Other kinds are nice too, but Red Delicious are my favorite.
  • Kittens. Any baby animal really, but kittens I like the best.
  • Really good hugs. It's been a long time since I've had a really, really good hug. Boy hugs are the best and you can imagine how long it's been since I've had one of those.
  • I enjoy a good cry. It's just cleansing. Perhaps I should try one- see if I can't get rid of this elephant sitting on my chest.
  • A good night's sleep is always nice. I hope I get one tonight. Switching back and forth between my Utah bed and my Idaho bed sometimes gets tricky.
  • I like the crunch my neck makes when I go to the chiropractor.
  • Nothing beats the feeling of having all your laundry done. Of course, it only lasts for two seconds, but for those two seconds, life is grand.
  • When I have a song stuck in my head- and get it stuck in someone else's head- it's like winning a prize! It's the best kind of revenge.
  • I never thought I'd be the kind of person to say this- but I really like going to the gym. I haven't gone for a few days because I'm afraid of going to the gym in Idaho because I really, really REALLY don't want to run into anyone I know. I'm excited to go tomorrow. Maybe that will help with the anxiety too. I should take up boxing so I can hit things- in a controlled, constructive way.
  • My co-workers have been clamouring for cupcakes. That makes me happy- that they like them well enough to ask for them.
I don't know... I am running out of positive thoughts and i still have an aching pit in my stomach. Perhaps I'll just try going to bed early.

No comments: