Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Balance

I have been wanting to write a post all week. But when I have time I don't have anything to say. And when I can think of something clever to write about, I don't have time to write.

It hasn't been my favorite weekend and at the risk of sounding too complainy, I'm going to do a list instead. When I put my gripes in a list, I don't feel like I'm whining as much. But, a lot of good things have been going on this week too- so I will add a happy to every not as happy item.

  • I hate cancer. I hate, loathe despise and abominate cancer.
  • I love that medicine has come so far in recent years and they can fight cancer in new ways and hopefully one day will obliterate it from existence.

  • I can't hear out of my left ear right now.
  • I get to take medicine that gives me really wackadoo dreams so sleep has been very entertaining.

  • I hate it when I have a brilliant idea and it doesn't go according to plan (ie, tonight's cupcake fail).
  • My coworkers will get cupcakes tomorrow and they'll eat them no matter how ugly they are (uhh... the ugly cupcakes, that is. My coworkers are all sufficiently attractive)

  • I don't get to see HIM for at least a month because our schedules won't coincide for a while and when they do, one or the other of us is on vacation. Which he doesn't know, or care that I know or care, but I do and therefore I am alone in my bummed outtedness.
  • It's nice to have something to look forward to on certain days at work. It makes the day more exciting- will he come? won't he? when? Gah!! The internal drama is awesome! (I could seriously write a whole post about this- but I'm trying to hide the fact that I have the mentality of a 12 year old when it comes to this stuff.)

  • I hate cleaning my room.
  • I love it when my room is clean!

  • I hate doing laundry.
  • I am SOOO glad that someone invented the washer and dryer and that I don't have to beat my laundry on a rock or even on a scrub board. I'm also grateful to not have to go to a laundromat.

  • I am so tired of all the crap that seems to be going on in the world today. Why can't people just be nice? Why can't they just be honest? Why do they have to lie, cheat, steal and kill to get power? Why can't we all just get along, working together side by side and everyone earning their keep?
  • I feel very lucky that I live in a country where I can say things like that without fear. I am forever grateful to those who have gone before us and made it possible for us to make our own choices- no matter how stupid those choices may be.

No comments: