Saturday, September 22, 2012

Band Wagon

I am not one who does things to go along with the crowd. In fact, I'll usually do the opposite just to be contrary. I didn't start reading Harry Potter until after the fourth book came out- because they were so popular I didn't want people to think I was only reading them because it was the cool thing to do. Same thing with Twilight. If I'd known how popular they were when I first read them, I probably wouldn't have read them. 


It was also the case with the Big Bang Theory. Everyone talked about how fuuuunnny it was and all these Emmy's and blah blah blah... but still, I resisted. Then one day I sat down to watch it in an environment where I didn't have control of the remote- and found it's actually hilarious and I love it now and have seen every episode (except season 5 because I HAVE to watch things in order the first time and I haven't been able to get the DVDs yet on Netflix. There's a long wait")


Anyway, to come to the point (there's an actual point to this???) I have found a new thing that I've finally discovered that zillions before me have loved- and many have said I'd love- but I resisted.

Doctor Who.

I can't believe I haven't been watching this for years. First of all, it's British. I, who love everything British, have resisted it for years. And I'm not sure if it's more popular than ever, or if I have just seen more adverts for it or what- but something in the universe is telling me I need to watch it. So I did.

I watched all of series one in like, three days (and where I work 12 hour shifts, that's quite an accomplishment) and I watched at least nine hours worth yesterday.) I have the weekend off- so guess what I'll be doing... :)

I love him.


and I love him.


But I've learned that a true Whovian (when I first heard that term I thought it was a Dr Seuss reference- wrong Doctor) is loyal to The Doctor, not to an actor.

5 comments:

Heather said...

My kids are so into Dr. Who! I'm the on who introduced them, and they took off watching all the seasons without me. :( Now, I'm behind. Good show! Have you seen the angel epidode yet? Probably my fave so far.

Heather said...

yeah...."epidode" would be "episode" ....grrr....

Unknown said...

Doctor Who is insanely FABulous! I <3 Dr. Who!!! We have a Tardis dash ornament in the Element, and K9 in the Mini.

Unknown said...

Doctor Who is insanely FABulous! I <3 Dr. Who!!! We have a Tardis dash ornament in the Element, and K9 in the Mini.

Kerri said...

I was watching Dr. Who way back when it was only seen on PBS. That was possibly before you were born or maybe you were just still very small. But the "new" Dr. Who can't be beat. Love, love LOVE that show!!!