Saturday, July 2, 2011

Celebrity Lunch Date: Fictional Characters 7

I have been really good all week and not putting all my favorite heart throbs. But the walls can be contained no longer.
*NOTE* I am talking about characters here- not necessarily the guys who played them in the movies (although, I wouldn't kick them out of the restaurant).


Edward Rochester from Jane Eyre. I love him. I Love him I LOVE him! I don't cry often when I read mushy books- but I bawled (BAWLED I tell you) when he describes to Jane how he feels when she's away (somewhere around chapters 22 or 23... read it and then come back and tell me how much you love him too! Seriously)


Snape Snape Severus Snape.  Just a wonderful man- I don't care what you say! Painted to be the bad guy, but a good guy from the beginning. Sure, he has a past, but he's fully repented of it and is trying to make amends, even if it means keeping alive the child of his only love.  The child he loathes, yet loves.

John Thornton from North and South (ok, this might be a taaaaad influenced by the actor.) What a lovely, pathetic man. The line where he says, "No one loves me but you, Mother." I always shout, "I LOVE YOU!"


Captain Wentworth from Persuasion.  Love him. His love is constant and endures years of thinking he's not good enough for his beloved. His heart never wavers. Sigh...  Again, his letter to Anne (chapter 23... I die!)


Mr Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. His quite stoic-ness is so lovely.  He's not the best at expressing himself, a little shy at times, but he loves Lizzy beyond what his words can convey.  His actions did not show her he loved her, so he had to change his outward behaviour to prove to her that he loved her, even when he was in doubt of that love being returned.

2 comments:

Nate and Kelly said...

Hahahaha! I love that Professor Snape is on your list. You're so cute :)

Jessica said...

All brunettes. My impeccible taste is rubbing off on you I suspect.
Keep your hands off Snape!