Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dear Universe,

Those pictures of you at the Idaho Falls Visitors Center were awesome! You're lookin pretty good these days. Keep up the good work. My sisters were so impressed with you that they are hanging a mural of you on thier wall.  Really, you are beautiful.

I have a new job now, I don't know if you've heard. It's weird though, because I don't go to work and I don't get paid. I'm not sure how that all works out. The only thing that has changed is the fact that I can honestly say I have a job. Next week is the 1 year anniversary for when I lost my job... ok, got fired. *shudder* I thought it would be funny if they made me wait till that day to start. Just one of life's cruel ironies. This waiting around is a drag.

They made me go in last week and pee in a cup.  They stole some of my blood and made me do a Breathalyzer test (I hope I pass. Shouldn't have had that bottle of Jack just before I went in). Now I just have to sit at home and wait for them to tell me if I am immunized enough to get started.  My background check is also underway.  That shouldn't be a problem though, I live the most squeaky clean, boring life ever.  Sometimes I go 35 in a 25 just for some thrills, but other than that, I'm pretty low key.

I want the job to start, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm nervous. I'm nervous about the commute in winter (45 minutes across wind swept farm land in a white out at midnight? no thanks). I'm nervous I won't like or be good at the job.  I start in the ER for crying out loud!  This is a serious job where if I screw up, it could really mess up people's finances and no one wants their medical paperwork messed up. I'm anxious about the people.  What if they don't like me? What if I don't like them? The majority of a job's likability depends on co-workers. Scary.

Anyway, I know you've been wondering what's going on with me and my "job" so I just wanted to drop you this little note.  I hope you had a great labor day.  I did. I played Zuma all day - that really takes it out of you. Today should be slightly more exciting. I get to hang out at the farmers market with a friend and my niece has her first volleyball game this afternoon.  I'd rather play than watch, but there don't seem to be enough people around here who would be willing to play... the way I play.  I could probably find some people willing to just bump the ball around or be silly. But I want to play for reals! Like, bump, set, spike.  I miss that more than almost anything about Denver. 

Until next time, I am as always,

Me.

4 comments:

Cami said...

HEY! So I thought you were going to set up a volleyball fun thing here. Did you change your mind? Well, I for one am happy you decided to write the universe.

Vern said...

Aw, come on. You'll do great!

Jill said...

Should I know what Zuma is?

Chuck said...

uh, since when does sneaking into concerts classify you as "squeaky clean"?