Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Running of the Rats

This week has two significant dates for me.  Thursday the 16th will be my one year anniversary of the date I got... fired (sigh, every time I say it, it makes me die inside a little bit- but there is no getting around it).  I remember thinking how happy I was that I finally got fired from a job I was too chicken to quit.  I was hoping that I'd qualify for unemployment but because of the nature of my termination, I didn't.  That day sucked when I found that out.

Anyway, that day is also my Sister in Law's birthday and we're going to see ABBA.  I don't think it's actually ABBA, I think it's a cover band, but who cares? It should be enormous amounts of fun!

Wednesday however, is going to be... um... interesting to say the least. I start my new job tomorrow. I'm still hugely nervous.  I have no idea what to expect. I am trying to train myself to go to bed at a decent hour. I don't do mornings very well and would hate to nod off at the wheel.  I have Harry Potter to keep me company so that should help a tad.  It will be nice to have some sort of income again- no matter how sporadic it may be for a while.  I've never really enjoyed sponging off of others so it will be nice to pay my own way again. 

The previous days in this week have been eventful as well. Sunday I was put in as a new primary teacher.  I have a kid in my class who is the son of a guy I went to primary with. He looks *exactly* like his dad which is creepy; besides the fact that his dad is the one who christened me "whale maid" and "quarter tonner".  He's a good kid though.  All my my primary kids are. I'm going to have to be on my game to keep up with those little crazies.

Monday I spent FIVE hours getting my hair done- and it still doesn't look that great. I miss my Denver stylist. I trusted her to the point I'd just say, "do your thing, I don't care cuz I trust you." I'm much too blonde for my taste and I'm not so sure about the cut. It cost me two arms and part of a leg to get a hairdo that I'm not fond of.  Lesson learned.  Let's hope the rest of the week smooths out.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I think you should post a picture of your new hair do.

Cami said...

YAY HEATHER! That's awesome. Let me know how it goes. And we should do something on Sat.