Thursday, May 29, 2014

If you keep making that face, someday it will stick

Not too long ago I constantly had people asking me what was wrong. I'd say, "Nothing- this is just my face!" and carry on. I guess I have a grumpy cat face (or BRF, depending on how you look at it).

But maybe it turns out I was actually kind of sad. I mean- I did have a lot of crap happening around that time. Sept-March weren't my favorite-est months ever. Because the last few weeks- the last few days especially, I've had such a ridiculous smile on my face that I'm actually starting to creep my coworkers out. 

Seriously. I'll just be staring off into space and smiling. One coworker is convinced that I've cut the brakes on her car or something and that my smile is sinister. Others have asked if I've started a new medication or started using... uhh... recreational herbs. Nope. This is just me. High? Yes. Unnatural? Maybe. Fake? Absolutely not.

Today at work I was busy with something and realized I wasn't smiling and it felt weird. And that made me smile. That not smiling felt wrong. I needed to smile.

For the last four or five days I've had the song stuck in my head

Everything is great
Everything is grand
I've got the whole wide world in the palm of my hand
Everything is perfect
It's falling into place
I can't seem to wipe this smile off my face...

I've got everything that I need
Right in front of me...

Life's a happy song
when there's someone by your side to sing along

Maybe it's because it's spring? Maybe it's because I'm finally somewhat content at work?  Perhaps because I'm going to spend a week with the two cutest boys on the planet and get a new baby niece? Maybe it's because of... other reasons...? Who knows. But even if it's just because the flowers are in bloom and the mountains are green, it's nice to feel so lighthearted. Someone actually used the word "glowing" yesterday. I don't know if I'd go that far... isn't that word reserved for expectant mommies? Yeah... that's not me. 

Anyway, I'm bracing for impact for the inevitable crash. I always crash. But I'm enjoying this while it lasts.

In other news- For those of you that don't live your lives according to my FB status updates, referring to the previous post- I've paid for it. It's official. I've done it. It makes me want to gag. Seriously. It's the ickiest feeling ever, but I did it. I'm trying. You can't fault me for trying. Six months. That's all I'm giving it. It's more than the four days I gave it last time.

Now if I could only get men under 50 to look at my profile... hmmm....


No comments: