I have been so absolutely self absorbed lately that I completely forgot my best friend's birthday. It's today.
Jessica and I have been friends for... um... like... 7...8...10... years? I don't even know. We met in college. We had classes back to back and we always ended up sitting together, then walking to class together. It was seriously Instant Friends- add water and stir.
Things that I love best about her:
- Her big, beautiful smile (You can't help but smile when she smiles- it's contagious!)
- Her eyes (Seriously, she is one of the most beautiful people I've ever met- and she's MY friend!)
- Her nerdiness (She gets me. She obsesses as much as [sometimes MORE than] I do)
- Her love for awesome words (I get to use my vocabulary around her and she uses words that even I don't know sometimes. I have to use a dictionary when we converse)
- Her writing skills (She is a fantastic wordsmith!!! She puts my writing to shame. Her descriptions of things are so lifelike it's easy for the reader to be in the scene)
- Her unabashed love for her husband and daughter (Seriously, after as many years as they've been married, she still talks about him like they're dating.- still so irritatingly twitterpated. I hope I get to do that someday)
- Her fantastic advice (I may not always heed it [to her dismay], but it's always very sound)
- Her willingness to put up with my teenager-y silliness (she's the first person I go to when I need boy advice. Honestly, she should get a prize for her patience. I can't even tell you all the anxiety attacks I've unloaded on her over the years)
- Her makeup tips (Eye shadow? Lipstick? yup- all due to her)
- Her all-round awesomeness!
Happy Birthday, Bestie!!