Friday, May 23, 2014

Single Eyes

Watch out world! Lock up your grandfathers and rich uncles because...

I have an online dating profile!

Oh my gosh- stop screaming and sit back down. You're just embarrassing yourself and everyone else.

The boys at work have been hounding me to sign up. You all know how I feel about it- but I bit the bullet and did it. I haven't really done much on it- mostly because it scares the hell out of me.  I can't really talk to anyone yet because I haven't bitten the pay-for-it bullet. So A couple of times a day I get an email that they've found my perfect match, I do the heebie jeebie dance and delete the email. But it's progress, right? Sort of? A little? A smidge?

It's too much pressure! All the guy's profiles say that they're looking for marriage. I'm not. At least not yet. I'm looking for practice.  I need practice before I can start thinking about that kind of stuff! I just don't know if I can do it! I had a mild panic attack when I hit Go- but it's there. Feel free to look me up and laugh to your heart's content. Just don't tell me you did it.

As I've been speaking of dating and all kinds of stuff with coworkers, I have been enlightened that I live life with "single eyes". Apparently I often say stuff like, "you haven't seen the movie yet?" or "why can't you just take a nap?" Huh... Weird. The things I totally take for granted are a such luxury when you have things like kids and a spouse. I'm so spoiled.

I can go to movies when I want. And dinner. And the theater. I have a pretty sweet deal here... maybe I should go delete that profile...

5 comments:

Melissa Ann said...

Holy Moly! So excited for you! This is a big deal! I am so proud of you! I agree with you practice is the perfect attitude!

Emily Heizer Photography said...

OK Cupid is free! Of course because it's free you get the random mix of losers too, but shop with a discretionary eye!

Anonymous said...

I met my husband via online dating. He was the third guy I went out on a date with and we've now been married almost 13 years and have two kids. I was super nervous about doing such a thing (this was over 15 years ago when it wasn't as well known/accepted as it is now) but it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Good luck!

Marta said...

Aha! I should have known I would find the answer here. All the answers are born here! Good luck.

Roxanne said...

Heather- just relax and have fun. I met Jim through LDS Singles Online...yeah I met a couple of weirdos first...but then along came a wonderful, wonderful man. My biggest rule about online dates was IF I decided to meet them in person, it had to be in a public place where I drove my own car. NOBOCY came to my house until I was comfortable and sure it was either friendship or something more that could be explored. I made some wonderful lifelong friends out there (make and female). So just remember to proceed carefully and prayerfully. You are worth all the joy and happiness that Heavenly Father has in store for you. Love you! Roxanne