Friday, August 16, 2013

Misogynist Much?

So- I just have to tell you an experience I had last week. I won't go into details because it doesn't shine favorably on the other party involved and some of you know this person.

Anyway- I was in a conversation with two others, A and M. *every* time I tried to speak, A tried to finish my sentences. I haven't known this person long enough for him to do that. He had no idea what I was trying to say. So I said, "let me finish a freaking sentence." Twice I had to say this because he just kept interrupting.

He looked shocked and said, "I'm sorry. The women in my life, my wife and mother, they like to be interrupted." I thought- that's crap- but since I don't know them I didn't press the issue. Then a while later he said to me, "you know, I have a degree in communications and it's a fact that women like to be interrupted."

At this I got SO angry I could hardly contain it. But because I am a grown up, I did. I took a deep breath, walked up to him and put my finger in his face and said, " *I* have a degree in communications and THAT is total crap!" and I walked off before I slapped his face.

There's a lot more he's said and done- but I can't say more without totally giving away who it is and I have to be careful who reads my blog (sad huh?).

Between him, and the stupid old man at the gym- I just don't have many nice things to say about the male half of the species right now. Except for the one that I spend all my time trying not to think about and wondering if he's married and has four kids or if it's permissible for me to have a crush on him. I'm trying really hard to be careful of my heart- but sometimes, this happens.



And in a totally unrelated male involved incident:

I was at work yesterday. During a slow moment I was Google-ing some Dr Who stuff for a girl at work who is throwing a Who party. I generally try not to let management see me online- I mean, we all do it- but I try not to be TOO obvious about it (as opposed to the girls who blatantly spend their entire day on KSL classifieds shopping for stuff). Anyway, I was looking at pictures of marshmallow Adipose when the Security manager walked up.

Him: Doctor Who, huh?

Me: Yup

Him: So are you a fan? do you like the new stuff or the old stuff?

Me: OMGYOUWATCHDOCTORWHOLETSTALKABOUTITNONSTOPUNTILISCAREYOUAWAYANDYOUNEVERWANTTOSPEAKTOMEAGAIN!

Him: [slowly backs away] Ok, well talk to you later.

Sigh... So close.

No comments: