Monday, July 15, 2013

Today I'm Snow White

Today's title has nothing to do with the color of my legs (although I have not worn ONE ounce of sunblock on my legs all summer- they are still the color of the belly of a dead fish. while the rest of me is tan and burned)

There are some days I feel like a villain (yesterday) and some days I feel like a princess. Today was a princess day. I was giving out the Snow White vibe to animals today I guess- because they just seemed to like to be where I was.

I was sitting out on the deck reading, when alla sudden, this little bloke showed up.

 Soon after his wife came too.


I didn't even know that Utah *had* blue birds! It was so fun to see them hop around and they weren't at all afraid of me. I mean, I was really quiet. I'm sure if I'd gotten up or made any sound or sudden movements they would have vamoosed!

And did I tell you my Aunt got a dog (if one can *call* a big brown rat a dog)? Her granddaughter brought it over for her kid last week (it followed her home I guess and she couldn't find the owner- so if anyone out there is missing a rat chihuahua, this might be it!)

It seems to have taken a shine to me. I don't know why. He's found his favorite spot though. Sigh...
  

I've never had a dog before. We had a few cats growing up- but I've never had a dog. I like dogs- we just never had any. My personal philosophy about dogs is that if it's below the knee, it's just a walking football. Dogs that small are good for nothing. They yip and yap and act a lot tougher than they really are. If I was a violent person I'd... nevermind.

Have I ever told you how much I hate chihuahuas? Of ALLLLLL the dogs in the world- this is the kind that moved in.

2 comments:

Granted By Tiffany said...

well it would look a bit silly if an Irish setter was wrapped around your neck...but then at least you'd have a "real dog" enjoy your rat snow white!

Vern said...

That dog knows how you feel and it's totally mocking you.