Monday, November 7, 2011

Things I learned today

Today was my day off. I had a long list of things I wanted to do and as I headed out into the great wide world, I picked up a few tidbits of knowledge... or was at least reminded of them.

  • Never eat at Five Guys alone. One order of fries is enough to feed a small country. Holy. Crap.
  • Sometimes songs on the radio can really speak to you.  Two songs in a row I think were meant for me.  "I'm young, wild and I'm free" (by Triumph). and then "Born to Run"  (by The Boss). I realized that this is supposed to be the best time of my life- and I need to get off my arse and take advantage of my freedom! I'll start in a few days by taking in a three state tour. I'm pretty excited!
  • I should never be allowed to be let loose in Jordan Landing with a debit or credit card.  Seriously.
  • I love Pier One. Love. It. It makes me sad to go there when I know full well I can't buy anything- because I have no where to put it. I have no home to decorate! but I am head over heels in love with this Rug. 
Seriously. I might marry it.
  • I am a sucker for anything with glitter and/or feathers. So when I found this Christmas tree covered in both- I was full of smit!


Awesome! I even relented a teeny bit on my judgement of having Christmas decorations out and Holiday tunes blaring overhead. Just look at the gorgeous glittery masks! It has absolutely *nothing* do do with Christmas... but it's so PRETTY!!!

  • No matter how hard I wish- the chances of me walking into a store (mostly Barnes & Noble) and being the millionth, billionth or whatever number-eth customer- and getting a $10,000 shopping spree will probably never come true.

  • Baby girls are so much more fun to shop for than boys!


2 comments:

me said...

Baby girl clothes are the cutest! They make me completely irrational...often I'll suddenly think it's the very best idea in the world to spend twice what I spend on my own clothes for a cute dress or outfit that my daughter will outgrow in a month.

Vern said...

Your advice had the opposite effect on me and now all I want do is go to Five Guys. BY MYSELF.