Friday, November 18, 2011

Four State Tour

The last few weeks have been bi-zay for me! (which in all actuallity has been a nice change of pace from the work-sleep-work-sleep-sit around and stare at walls-work-sleep routine that I've been in for the last couple of months.)

Last Thursday I packed up my crap and drove to Boise. I've never driven to Boise from Salt Lake so I didn't know what the drive would be like. I anticipated it being very long and extremely boring. It was rather a miracle that I was there in the blink of an eye! Seriously. It was the shortest drive ever. Even sometimes the drive from SLC to Poky seems a long longer than that drive.  And it was smooth sailin' all the way!

I got there in time to hang out with my little bro and his boy. Both cute. I love my little brother. And little boys don't get any cuter than Donaven. JaNeil came home so Donaven and I went to the store. Poor kid, his mom's been on bed rest for about 10 weeks so he got used to people coming everyday to pick him up to go play. That day he stayed home all day with dad and he was ready to go OUT! So it was really easy for him to go with me. He was a little shy of me at first- but he warmed up.

At the store he was so stinkin cute- everything I put in the cart I'd ask him if we should buy it- and he would nod "yes" with his whole body. hahaha.  I bought him a package of goldfish crackers because he wanted them. I'm an awesome aunt and can spoil the heck out of him if I want to!  So I did.

I made dinner that night and then beat JaNeil at a couple of rounds of 5 Crowns. Then everyone headed to bed. The next day Trav and JaNeil headed to the hospital. Donaven was *not* happy to be left behind. He's ok if he's the one doing the leaving- but he doesn't like it when they leave him. I have a video of him bawling- sca-reaming- at the door, but I don't know how to post videos from my phone. But then again, I have a video of him five minutes later being so silly I couldn't stop laughing. He's a good boy. It was sad for a little bit to be left behind- but he perked up and played really well. We hung around the house waiting for the phone call! Finally around 2:30 Trav called to tell us the baby was here! He was born at 12:10 on 11.11.11 (no one thought to call and let anyone know he had arrived... uhhh... duh...) She tried to get the appointment earlier so he could be born at 11:11, even then I said he should have been pulled out at 12:11 so we could say he was born at 11:11 PST. Oh well.

Donaven and I got ready and ran up to the hospital to meet baby brother, Oren.

He thought he was a really cute baby. He was very soft with him, gave him a few kisses- then wanted to run away with his Papa. hahaha. I don't think he fully grasped that this was his new baby. That life as he knew it was forever changed.

JaNeil was a little tired and sore- apparently C-sections do that to people... Trav was just happy and I think a little bit overwhelmed. Another kid is a big ol responsibility!

But he sure is a cute little stink. Definitely a keeper. I like babies when their all tiny and still folded up and their little bum fits right in your hand. Awwww....

I got to put Donaven to bed that night after bath time. That little rat throws all his toys out of the tub to signify he's done. It took me two full size bath towels to soak up the water.  When he went to bed he begged for "Puppies" (101 Dalmatians) and I being an awesome and obliging aunt- let him watch it for a while before bed.  His pathetic little "Peeeees?" is irresistible. Especially when he does the sign language with it.

The next day Trav had friends over for the Boise State game. So I ran away. I took myself to lunch then a little shopping. I was trying to find a present for JaNeil from my mom. She'd commissioned me- and there are no freaking stores in that town that had what I wanted... at least none I could find. But whatever.  I hung out with JaNeil a little while, beat her at another game of 5 crowns and hugged my tiny new nephew. 

Sunday I took Donaven to church while Trav went to the hospital. I felt more welcome in thier ward than I do in my own. That's sad.  Even though I was on  "vacation" I don't get to go to church often enough to justify not going when it's right there. It was nice to go.

That was also Trav's birthday. So I made rice and Swedish meatballs for dinner. Trav doesn't like cake so he got five or six packages of Oreos stacked up like a cake.

He didn't complain.

He got Donaven bathed and in bed- so I went to see JaNeil and Oren again. This time she beat me at five crowns. D'oh!

Monday JaNeil and Oren came home. While Trav and Donaven were gone to pick them up, I mucked up the house and got things ready for them to come home. When they got home, we took a few pictures- I got to hug him for a while, and then everyone wanted to take a nap so I took that as my cue to leave. No sense hanging around when everyone's asleep.

The drive home was long and soooo boring. Probably because I was expecting it to be as nice as the drive there. But I made it back to Salt Lake at a decent hour.

The next day I had to work. It was a super long boring day. So slow that they sent me home early- which sucks because it was one day in like eight that I had to work- I should have just taken it off instead of losing the time. Oh well.

The next day... well... I think I'll do that in a separate post. This one is getting long enough already.


Amy said...

OHHH!!!! He's SOOOO CUTE!!! I wanna squeeze him and kiss him! And yeah, I wish my bum bit in the palm of your hand. Wait, that sounds weird. Hmmmm...

Melissa said...

How fun! :) He's a cutie!! I forget how teeny tiny babies are! I bet they were so glad to have you there to help.