Friday, October 14, 2011

Disney Withdrawls

I've been craving Disney for a while now. It's been a few years since I've gone- and since Disneyland seems to be the mothership of the Baker crew- I'm homesick.

It doesn't help that I'm reading these books:


(which by the way, I've only read the first book- and it's not the most well written and organized book I've ever read- but it's Disney so I'm automatically required to like it- or I will be disowned from my family.)

But anyway, it made me want to look at my Disney pictures- and I have A. Lot. I have stuff from my trip to Disneyland with the whole fam. Tons. And more from other trips- but we'll take this slowly.

This was at Goofy's Kitchen. It's a tradition. Though food in the parks is expensive, there are few places we splurge on. And Goofy's Kitchen is one of them.

The girls were so excited to meet their favorite princess. In my next life I'm coming back as a Disney Princess. They have a tough job, but just to be that cute... and have everyone adore you. Awesome.

We met lots more princesses at Ariel's Grotto (super expensive and honestly, not worth it. We won't be adding that to our list of "must eats".

I hadn't been to the Magic Kingdom in years- so I'd never been on the Buzz Lightyear ride (although, I had been on the one in Florida- but that doesn't count) My score was never that great.

The single sisters stole the nephew (at the the time he was the only one) and went to Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I'd never seen that before. Entertaining- and a good reason to get out of the sun.

We stood in line for *ages* to meet Minnie. And then just as we got up to the front of the line- she took a 20 minute cheese break. Ugh... but we'd waited that long- we persevered.

This was probably one of the funniest things that whole trip. Trav, JaNeil and I went on the Teacups and we didn't all fit in one teacup- Trav and I both have super long legs. JaNiel had to put her feet up on the bench and therefore did not have a good hold on anything. Trav and I spun till our heads fell off. The only moment that I think trumps this one- is the Monsters Inc incident... but I'll save that for another day.

Another thing I'd never done was ride on Casey Jr. Of all the times I've been to Disneyland. (I know, I know- and even still there are lots of things I've never done there) But with Dallin with us- going on Casey Jr was an absolute *must*.

It was also my first time at California Adventure. Kim and I went on Mulholland Madness together for the first time. And the last. I *hate* crazy mouse type rides where you feel your car might snap off and go over the edge. No sirr-ee I will not be on that ride again. Ever.

I'd never seen Bert and Mary walking around the park before. I thought it was cute.

Ummm.... ew.

Just kidding... This was also cute. In a gag-me sort of way.

My favorite ride by far was Midway Mania. No one came even close to touching my score. I think I went on this ride more than anything else.

I felt right at home with the gang just wandering the streets. It was good to be home.

No comments: