Sunday, May 29, 2011

Celebrity Lunch Date 1

So I've always talked about my fantasy lunch list. It's not a fantasy *dating* thing. It's not romantic in any way. There are so many people (celebrities count as people, right?) that I hope are as cool as they seem and would be people that I would love to just hang out with for a while, perhaps be friends with. It's a long list- so instead of making you endure one loooooooooong post, I think I'll stretch it out over a week... maybe more (it's a long list. Seriously). And knowing me, I'll probably add to it down the road as more people pop into my mind.

Mind you, these are not in any particular order- just people that have been building on my list for a long time.

Dick Van Dyke

photo shamelessly stolen from here.

Doesn't he just *radiate* awesome? I have always thought he would be so much fun to be around. He has such an infectious smile. He seems like someone who is just always happy. In every roll I've seen him in, yes, but also in interviews and non-scripted scenes. He seems like such a decent guy. I think he would be super funny and that the lunch date would go by so quickly that it would be like the blink of an eye.

Not only do I think he's an amazing person- but I think he's something of a dream boat. No lie. Even though he's... like, 80 something, I think he's still handsome. And remember when he looked like this?

photo shamelessly stolen from here.

Helll-loo! So handsome right? I think I had a crush on him as a kid when I saw him as Bert in Mary Poppins. And then the ever so charming Caractacus Potts in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. And then when I watched every episode of the Dick Van Dyke Show... yeah, I loved him even more. Even in his recent stuff, like Night at the Museum he's awesome.  So loveable- even as a bad guy.

And to read about him, and just to learn things about his life, he is just such an interesting person. He's overcome so much- and still had a good attitude and a great sense of humor about it all.

Yep, he definitely makes the list.

No comments: