Sunday, April 6, 2014

Weekend Lovelies

First and foremost- Happy Tartan Day!

 




No seriously, it's really a thing!

My sister Kim and I went to the first session of General Conference yesterday. It was of course completely awesome. It was hilarious when the guys behind us photobombed us!


And of course it's always lovely to be in the presence of Prophets and Apostles and MoTab is always a treat.


Temple Square was absolutely beautiful. It was frickin freezing- but the flowers and blossoms were so heavenly. Hooray for spring!
 

Today watching the first session I had the thought, "15 million members of the church and they have a session that was meant exactly for me. That was nice of them."

And Conference Sunday is always special when you live at my house because that means STICKY BUNS!!!!

I'm obs not a pro at food photography- but these sticky buns are freaking incredible! Because I'm filled with love and charity today, I will share the recipe (it's so easy it's embarrassing).

24 frozen Rhoads Rolls
1 package of butterscotch pudding mix
1 cup of butter
1 cup of brown sugar

Put the frozen rolls in a bundt pan (it has to be a bundt pan because it needs the center part or it won't cook all the way through- I tried and it doesn't work)
Spread the ingredients over the rolls (I mix the butter and sugar first)
And sprinkle with cinnamon 


Cover them with a towel and let them raise overnight


In the morning, cover them with tin foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes, remove the foil and bake for about 10 more minutes. (I bake it on a cookie sheet because it overflows!!!)


I haven't perfected the art of taking them out of the pan in a pretty way, but boy howdy are these little suckers tasty!


You're welcome. :)




1 comment:

Melissa Ann said...

Hahahaha I really wish I could eat those buns they look delicious not beautiful but delicious!