Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Bard's Big Day

So the other day was the Bard's 450th birthday. I had to work. I swear! So I'm celebrating a little late- but no less enthusiastically, I promise.

Now- I don't actually *own* any Shakespeare movies (do NOT tell my professors, they'll make me turn in my degree and to be perfectly honest, I don't know where it is and I don't think they'd take one printed off PrintShop). But I have a couple of movies inspired by Shakespeare. So this weekend I celebrated with Kiss me Kate (the Taming of the Shrew)


and I was going to also watch She's the Man (Twelfth Night)


To be honest, I really just wanted a reason to post this picture. Rawr...

but I got too chatty with friends online and via text. (It was well worth it, and if Shakespeare had done as much for me in my life as my girls have, then I would feel a smidge more guilty) Girls will be girls. Sorry folks. Maybe I'll watch it tomorrow and just keep the celebration going.

Hey William, remember that one time I came to your house?  and visited your grave? One of these days I'll post my pictures from England... my nine year old pictures. :-/