Monday, October 1, 2012

When I was Born

Click play on the song and continue reading the rest of the blog while it plays appropriate background music. 

This song was not chosen at random. This actually was the number one song the week I was born. I think an epic song marks and epic arrival of one humble girl to the world

I was born on a Monday. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. Most people don't like Mondays. I don't mind them right now because I have Mondays off.

The year I was born
  • Jimmy Carter was president
  • the household income was $13,500
  • Montreal creamed Boston for the Stanley Cup
  • If people weren't glued in front of the TV watching Roots, they were at the theater watching Star Wars, Saturday Night Fever or Close Encounters of the Third Kind
  • People mourned the loss of Elvis Presley, Bing Crosby, Groucho Marx and Charlie Chaplin
The week I was born seems to be fairly uneventful (other than my birth, obviously) as far as the world is concerned. Someone I've never heard of got arrested, The Yankees won the pennant (and went on to win the World Series), and other stuff happened in other sports that no one really cares about.

The day I was born was pretty uneventful worldwide. I guess the world could only take so much on one day- and since I was making my entrance, it decided to take a break.
 

I share a birthday with Oliver Cowdry, Chubby Checker, Greg Proops, Clive Owen, Gwen Stefani, and several composers and authors that I've never heard of (but it still gives one hope).


No comments: