Monday, October 22, 2012

Some of this and that

Melissa and Kimberly- this is for you- just so it's not a whoooole week in between posts. :)

I don't really have much to say. So I'll just spew out a few thoughts that have hit me over the last few days.

I love having friends. I even dress up like an idiot for them.


(you'll have to wait till Cami posts about the party. It's her right as hostess) Thanks again Mom for making the dress!

I *finally* started watching Sherlock. Daaaaaaaaaang I love that show! Why do Americans even try? All we have going for us is The Big Bang Theory and well... nope... that's about it.


Although- I will give and awesome shout out to Once Upon a Time. I don't care who you are. I love Mr Gold and there is nothing you can do about it. I've loved him since day one!


While we're on the subject of TV. I am sad that I've finally caught up with the masses as far as Doctor Who goes. Now I have to wait like everyone else for the next episode to air. On Christmas! (which I won't be able to watch because I have to work. ugh.)

I went to Pier One again today. I really shouldn't do that. I just want to cry when I walk around in there. I love it all so much and it bums me out that I can't buy anything. (Why? Because I don't have anywhere to put it and it's no fun buying things and storing them at your mom's house for "someday")


I spoke in church yesterday. I normally love speaking in church (which is why I'm rarely asked) and I found it interesting that after I spoke, more people talked to me than they have in the last year combined. Hmmm...

The talk went well, by the way. It was supposed to be about "Charity Never Faileth" but I did a spin on it to make it different than any other charity talk you've ever heard. I got lots of compliments and people asking about references i used because they didn't catch them in their notes. People took notes of MY talk? cool.

Tomorrow starts my long work week. 8 out of 10 days and nothing to look forward to until the end of all that.

I am so in love with glitter I'm pretty sure it's not healthy. Maybe it's a good thing I don't have my own place- it would look like a disco with all the glittery decorations I have my eye on.

I need to stop buying movies.


Ok, that's a lie. I love buying movies. I don't get to watch them as often as I used to- but I still like having them around. Thank heaven for the Walmart $5 bin. (No, that's not actually my collection. half of my stuff is still in Idaho.)

My cousin and her friend tried to make a cake yesterday. It was a hilarious you-had-to-be-there fiasco, but I'll just say that instead of powdered sugar for her frosting, she used regular sugar. And when the cake was done baking she didn't know what to do with it, so she turned the oven off and left it in the oven. in the pan.
Oh how I wish I'd taken a picture of it. You'll just have to use your imagination

Thank heaven I was there to rescue her, because you know, I'm such a pro.


(cough cough gag... I almost died choking on that lie)

2 comments:

Melissa Ann said...

Seriously Heather you have no Idea how happy this makes me!!!!

Cami said...

Ok wait. So that's NOT your collection of movies? Half of it is still in Idaho? So does that mean that the picture is only HALF of what you really have?? Also, I love the $5 movie bin. We have a really hard time saying no to a movie we find there. And we happen to find one almost every stupid Walmart trip.