Friday, August 31, 2012

One Year. Two Years.

This week marks one year since I moved to Salt Lake. And it's just past the two year anniversary of moving away from Colorado.

I sure miss my friends in Co.

And I don't like Salt Lake. I thought I would- but I really just don't care for it here. The only thing that I love is that the theater is so nearby and they usually do some pretty awesome stuff. In the year I've been here I've seen Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat, A Christmas Carol, Beauty and the Beast, My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, and at least one or two more that seem to be slipping my mind. Wicked is coming but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make it. (sad face)

All these things I go to alone. It's fine. At least I don't have to make awkward conversation. I did go to a movie once with a girl from work, and last month I finally got invited to a party- but it's been so long since I've been in a group of strangers (or at least not family) that I'm totally socially awkward and don't know how to talk to people any more. But I rock at croquet so that makes up for it I guess. :)

Not very often, but sometimes I just go wander downtown or go hang out around temple square. That's my favorite thing to do when friend/family come to town. I LOVE playing Mormon tour guide. When Desiree and Tina came to town that's what we did (along with getting locked in the cemetery after dark on Halloween). And that is probably the highlight of my visit when my nieces Shayla and Macy came. The rest of their family went back to their hotel for a nap. I took the girls to the city cemetery and had a church history lesson. We visited the graves of W.W. Phelps and William Clayton and sang some of their more famous hymns right there at their graves.

I think I embarrassed them a little (Shayla and Macy that is, I'm pretty sure Bros Phelps and Clayton didn't mind so much... I *can* carry a tune after all... most of the time). But it was so awesome. We had all missed church that day. It was the day I got back from California, and they were on vacation- but I felt the Spirit more in the cemetery that day than I have in a long time. It was awesome.

It's been a pretty interesting year that's for sure. I don't know if it's been a great year- but I have learned a lot about myself, not all of it I like and some of it I'm trying to change. We'll see how it goes I guess. Who knows where I'll be this time next year???

No comments: