Thursday, April 5, 2012

Countdown!

Ok... so I've been conspicuously absent lately... even when *I* come to my blog I get annoyed that it's not updated and there is nothing new for me to read (because we all know how entertaining I think I am- therefore- I am my own biggest blog stalker) but I've had priorities.

Like this broccoli salad. I'm sorry. I have to stop now to eat it. It's too fabulous to just sit there, not being eaten...

Yes. I eat broccoli salad. Don't judge me.

Ok... The real reason I haven't blogged is because I just feel like I haven't had anything to say. And I know darn well if I'm falling asleep writing it- You're falling asleep reading it. But I went home last weekend and lunched with some friends I haven't seen in ages and ages. One of them- a self proclaimed Disney addict like myself (she even worked at Disney World!) had never seen some of the most classic Disney cartoons! I thought, "huh... maybe I'm the freak here. Maybe not everyone in my decade of life (she is a little younger...) hasn't seen these. But some of them are older than my MOM (which, come to think of it really isn't very old. Hi Mom.)

Plus- it seems like all I want to talk about these days is Disneyland. I'm pretty excited to go. I was talking to a coworker today and she said that when she took her 6 and 4 year old daughters, they were so bored they wanted to leave. I can't even imagine that! At age 31 I walked through the park crying because I was happy to be in such a magical, happy place. I don't get kids who don't love it.

Anyway- I have decided that maybe the world needs to see the amazing cartoons I grew up on. Maybe you'll learn to love Disney a little bit more- or maybe it will bring back some amazing memories for you. 

So every day for the next six weeks- check back here for the classic Disney Cartoon of the day!  (and maybe a little trivia) If nothing else it will make your day a little bit brighter. :)


Steamboat Willie was Mickey's debut cartoon. It was not however the first created. I think (it's been a long time since I've studied my Disney encyclopedia) that was Plane Crazy.

45 more days to Disneyland!!!

4 comments:

Susan and Scott said...

So Heather how many times have you be to Disneyland?

Melissa said...

Amy and i just watched it and she thought it was funny. :)

Wendy Swore said...

Your coworker must have spoiled kids. Bored? Seriously? My kids were in heaven for FIVE days! How can a person be bored? I don't get it. I think it's awesome that you're going again. Better check your suitcase because I might stow away.

Bakeshow said...

Susie I think this is my 5th time going to Disneyland. I went to Disney World once but that's not counted here.