Monday, April 23, 2012

For Tiffany

So, I guess I'm using the cartoon countdown as a cheat so that it looks like I'm being a busy blogger, while in fact... I am not.  I was called out on this recently and commanded to continue writing real posts amongst the cartoons. I hope people notice them... but then again, all three of you who read my blog... well.. nevermind.

I hate to blog when I'm sad because I feel I come across as a whiner. Even though this blog was initially set up for me to have a place to vent my frustrations (hence Bitter Harpy) I don't want everyone to think I'm a gloomy gus. And when life is more stressful, I tend to blog a little less.

It's been a stressful few months here. I won't go into detail, but there have been drugs, police, harassing, and a late night phone call with 911... and it hasn't stopped and I don't really know when it will. It will either end when someone is in jail, or dead. Until then we're sitting in the house with all the doors and windows locked and all the lights off so hopefully HE won't come by again. But if he does- I have my phone right next to me at all times to call West Valley's Finest. Even living in Irvington, NJ (the crime capital of the country) I never felt as unsafe as I do here. Most nights I half expect to wake up dead. My biggest fear though is that all this stress is going to give my Aunt a stroke.

Between that, and the fact that I don't do anything. I don't have anything really to say. I don't go anywhere. I don't see anyone. I just kind of exist right now.

BUT!

I had some interesting... nay... positive/funny things happen that I thought would be fun to share.

First, on Friday the 13th when I pulled into the driveway, my odometer was exactly at:


which personally, I thought was freaking hilarious. I don't read much more into it that it was just funny.

This evening I had to go to the post office to drop off my Netflix movie and just *happened* to pass by a Baskin Robbins and stop inside to get this:


One scoop Chocolate Chip. One scoop Pralines and Cream. Yumm-o!

Then also today I went shopping for new flip flops because my old black flip flops have beened demoted to spider killer. That's their job. I don't wear them, I just kill aracnids with them... ew... Anyway, I was at Old Navy and had a moment of weakness. I totally bought this lunch box:


I have no self control, I know. But I love it! I can't wait to take it to work. With the clothes they make us wear there I have to be creative in showing my personality. When I laughed at my weakness at the store the cashier said, "Oh when it comes to my nieces and nephews I have no shame." I said, "Yeah... but the really sad thing is that this is for ME."

No comments: