Monday, February 7, 2011

Non-Contest Winner: Nicole

I Miss Your Face

Ahhh... Nicole. Nicole, Nicole, Nicole. When I first met Nicole many Moons ago (bwahahaha) she was fresh out of high school.  She was a newby to the Tenth ward. I was in my awkward post mission phase where I was struggling to make new friends because all my old friends had married and made babies and had other things on their minds (I still love you all- but... you know how it works). Nicole was another of those that I got to know more through White Trash Drive In.

I was her visiting teacher for a while- and as she can attest, I am not a good visiting teacher. (I've mentioned my dislike of VTing before). I remember she had surgery or something and we visited her that night. It's  a nice gesture, but I imagine that visiting whilst someone is coming down off their meds isn't conducive to good friendship. They most likely won't remember your visit- or they'll feel so loopy that they have no control over what they say. Don't' worry, Nicole, I don't think you did anything embarrassing- or if you did, I don't remember.

Anyway, we hung out in the same 10th ward circle, going to Denny's after FHE and attending every ward function.  I learned right away that Nicole is a very sweet person. And a very good friend and listener.  She was (and probably still is) an amazing fellowshipper and spent time with people who were on the brink of inactivity and would include them and make them feel loved.

Nicole is an amazing crafty person.  She always posts beautiful creations on her blog and I'm always green with envy at her talent.  She sews her own skirts, and crochets her own hats and just has a beautiful style sense. 

I moved away and rather lost touch with her (thank goodness for Facebook).  She joined the ranks of married friends and decided to move on with life.  She graduated from ISU last year and I am jealous to say that she is one of the few people I know who have a job in the field of their actual major. And she LIKES it! Weird!  She's now living with her husband somewhere in Utah (I really do read your blog, Nicole. I just can't remember exactly where you are now... it ain't here, that's all I know). Just before she moved away we were able to get together for lunch. It was the first time I'd seen her in around three years! Holy Crap! Last time I saw her she was a Moon. Now she's a Fish. And I couldn't be happier for her!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Awww... I miss YOUR face! It was wonderful to see you before I moved. And thank goodness for facebook and random dreams of which you appear!