Monday, June 7, 2010

On My Mind

I had a really clever idea for an awesome blog a few days ago... but I forgot it.

So instead, you get to hear what's on my mind.

I love my new water bottle. I bought it today and filled it whilst still at the store with lovely ice water. I am just staring at it now as the humidity in the air collects on the side of the bottle and slides down to form a little water ring on the black metal table I'm sitting at.  I love water.

Why does everyone think all fat people look alike?  I have people constantly telling me I look like... so and so... then I see a picture of said person- and we look absolutely nothing alike- other than the fact that we're both fat. Lame. My summer in England there was a Graduate student working on some research who got me confused with a girl who had dark hair, which was straight and greasy as if it was never washed. Her skin was not at all clear and she had no social skills.  She was also about 5'5.  Yeah... I can see the resemblance *rolls eyes*  

Am I getting persnickety in my old age, or is textese getting more and more annoying? I mean, I dont mind textese in a text, but when I get on facebook and someone writes their status or comments in textese... it's just maddening. I was just reading on IMDB and this is how one person wrote their response to the movie The Young Victoria:

some critics were complaining about dullness and nothing happening in dis movie but cant recall any period filmz dat had something exciting happening for a while. wuz really entertained thruout and kept me in suspense whether they succeeded 2 replace da queen (guess i dunno my history).
also agree wid da proposal scene. it wuz quite touching and not corny 4 a change. very hard 2 accomplish. i never saw a more genuine luv scene since sound of music and captain vontrapp catches maria in da garden.
 
How irritating is that to read? ARGH! (By the way, the movie is good, but like A&E's Victoria & Albert better).

Speaking of movies, I went and saw Letters to Juliet.  So incredibly cheesy, predictable and... soo good. I admit it. I am a sucker for a good chick flick and it's been a while since I've seen a good one.  Movies these days just aren't as good as they used to be.  Trust me, I have been watching a lot of movies lately.
 
Also on the movie topic, Shrek Forever After is super duper cute. It's rare that a sequel is as good as the original, but I think all the Shrek movies have done really well.  Especially since there are so many of them.  Usually sequel number four to any series isn't that great, but they did a good job. 
 
I don't know if it's a Baker thing, or a sickness, but it seems that everywhere I go, I look for "Hidden Mickeys." You know what that is right? In Disney parks and such they will randomly hide Mickey head shapes just for fun, and people like me have a great time looking for them- whether intentional or not (like the rocks paving the streets... probably not intentional, but we look anyway). Even in real life I find myself looking for hidden Mickeys.  Like the one I found today- the prongs that plug from my computer wire into the converter box... three circles that suspiciously look like my favorite mouse's silhouette.  I'm leaning toward sickness.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Heather, you are awesome! I totally agree with you on the textese. I peer edited papers in class that were written in textese. Seriously. Grrr... Anyway, you make me smile, I heart you and miss your face!