- Minesweeper (I haven't played in like, a week though- so maybe it doesn't really count)
- F*R*I*E*N*D*S - there isn't a moment in life that doesn't refer back to the show. I should know. I've watched every episode of ever season several times... I'm on Season 3 again.
- Reading. It is rare to find me without my nose in a book (unless I'm doing one of my other addictions)
- Facebook. I check it no less that 82 times a day... since I can't check it at work, that's 82 times from when I get home to when I go to bed. That's a lot. (I may have exaggerated a tad on that one)
- My celebrity crush- Rob Pattinson. I have never had a celebrity crush before where I actually paid attention to what he is up to... and it is the most useless of all my addictions. I admit- I check IMDB everyday to read the headlines of what shenanigans he's up to these days and look at the latest photos posted of the filming process for his most recent movies and get disappointed when he does something I think is stupid, then reprimand myself for A. caring at all what he does with his life and B. thinking that what I think would actually matter- seriously, it's an argument I have with myself at least twice a week. (and now I'm hanging my head in shame, but isn't it one of the steps to admit you have a problem???)
- Plain M&M's. I just cant get enough, and like a fine wine, they seem to go with every meal. (right, because I know anything about fine wine... or cheap wine... or fermented grape juice... whatever)
- Clothes. In the last couple of weeks I have single-handedly stimulated the entire US economy (though I did feel a little guilty and took some of it back yesterday)
- Water. I love water. I drink about 14 gallons a day (another possible exaggeration)
- Checking my email. Although- I think this stems more from being bored at work than actual addiction. I rarely get good mail. It's usually silly forwards or advertisements.
Friday, May 29, 2009
You know, I've spent a majority of my life trying to stay away from unhealthy addictions (is there such thing as a healthy one?) but I still find myself addicted to certain- useless things.