Saturday, June 6, 2009

Good News Bad News

I finally beat it! I did it! I beat the expert level of Minesweeper! It finally happened at about 12:45 a.m. It's such a relief to have it done. I'm sure my roommate will get on and beat my time- like she has the other two levels (she purposely didn't pass the expert level so that my name could appear on there at least once. Thanks Han) but I did it!

Despite my elation at beating what is possibly the lamest game ever- I'm fighting from drowning in the depths of despair today. I've been going through the home buying process for a couple of months now. In March- because I was bored at work one day- I let our mortgage lender run my information to see how much of a loan I would qualify for. She ran it- and it came back a decent number so I thought, hey, why not? I'm really tired of paying someone's mortgage for them. In the last two years I've thrown nearly $10,000 down the rent drain. That's horrible! What a waste! So, I've been going through homeowners education classes to get help with the down payment and closing costs- I've ordered three years worth of tax statements- I've even broken down and become an official Coloradan by giving up my beloved Idaho Drivers licence (I really liked the picture on it) and registered to vote in a state where I'm sure my vote wont matter because I'm well... I'm not in Idaho anymore.

Long story short- Rates are going up so rapidly, that when I had my friend's Dad run my information again yesterday- it came back no good. I can't qualify anymore. I am so incredibly sad! I really really REALLY don't want to have to get help from my parents. But it appears that if I go through with it all I'll have to. And then- I might not get the amount I was anticipating so now I will have an even lower budget to be able to shop in- and there's not much in decent neighborhoods in my now much more meager price range. And even if I could- I don't know if I could swing the monthly payments. So... I don't know what to do. So instead of really doing anything, I'm whining to you- eating Cheetos and pouting on the inside.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Bummer. I want to say it's a sign to come back home, but that's selfish of me. I think Colorado's been good for you. Probably more to do there. (?) But still, it would be nice to have you closer. I love ya. Sorry it's working out this way.

Amy said...

Aww, that's straight up rotten. Keep after it though and I'm sure you can find a way.

Jessica said...

I'm sorry you're having house woes.
Also, I have to say this as a friend. Please lighten up the font color of your posts. My weak eyes ache every time I read you blog. That's all! :)