Monday, December 7, 2020

Gingerbread 2020

Welcome to this year's Baker Gingerbread Extravaganza! In this year of uncertainty here is a little bit of stability for you! The annual sugar coated blood bath. 

We had a couple of newbies this year. Welcome to the family, fellas. It only gets crazier from here.

Here we have new comer, Brent, sporting the minimalistic look.


Next up we have Sadie and our other newbie, Arm Candy... er... Allen. I hope you can click on these and make them bigger- because the details are quite cute. 

(also... aren't they the CUTEST?? 😍😍😍)


Sporting one of my favorite roofs of the season, Valeri!


And Nephew #1 created a chocolate Santa... don't look too closely unless you want to see a North Pole Moon. 😝


This was the house I made. I couldn't decide which photo to post- so I went ahead and posted them all. It is MY blog, after all.





Please notice all the hidden Mickeys. Especially the wreath and holly 👀


Next up are the Ruffridges. Shayla went with a classic, golden theme and Alex has the tastiest roof and the best shirt of the night!


Macy made a lovely stone cabin in a winter wonderland.


Here we have the combined creation of Lisa and my Squishy. Looks tasty, girls!


This is Kim's yearly Victorian Mickey creation. This year she ventured out and added some color to her snow. 


On another night, in another town- we have the rest of the Baker crew

Nephew #2 made a happy house. There are two smilies on the front and an M&M smiley on the back. Love it!


Little Miss had to be stopped. Literally. She would have found a place for every candy should could get her hands on. I love how enthusiastic they are about decorating. 


Nephew #3 also had to be stopped- but he's getting better and better every year!


Travie must be on the naughty list- because he decorated his house with coal and mint chocolates


Neilly went traditional peppermint and did a darn good job! 


Last- and never least- is my little Goober. She did this house herself! I swear! I would put frosting where she pointed- and she'd put the candy on. I think we have a pro in our midst!


Thank you for joining us for this year's gingerbread craziness. I think we're going on 25-30 years? I'm not even sure any more. I just know it's not Christmas without a messy sugar rush and burned fingers. 


I am the advisor for the 11-13 year old girls at church. Last week we baked the gingerbread and this week we're going to decorate the houses. I've never done this without adult supervision- but I'm hoping that 20-some-odd years of experience... it will turn out alright. The baking went well... cross your fingers it ends as well as it began. 

No comments: