Saturday, June 4, 2016

Planning for the Big One

I am the queen of procrastination. Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow, right? Best philosophy ever. But not this time. 

I am planning way in advance for this because I really want this to happen. In about a year and a half I plan on taking a trip to Greece for my promotion. If I have to go alone, I will, but I'd really rather not. So if there is anyone out there who is willing, able and wants to go to Greece with me to celebrate, I'm all for it!  I'm trying to give plenty of notice because this probably isn't going to be a cheap trip.

I realize I'm not in a position to be choosy, but if you're a whiny traveler, please don't bother. This will probably be a once in a lifetime trip for me and I don't want it spoiled by someone who is a pansy. 

Also, I know a few of my friends have already been there, so if you have some tips and suggestions, I'll gladly take them.

Let's get the ball rolling on this! Let's get this party started!!!




2 comments:

dedesmith32 said...

hmmm.....cousin trip?

Amy said...

I wish I could go!! Here is some of my advice. Don't spend too much time in Athens. Most of it is just big and dirty and from the 70's with not so much feeling very "greek" about it. I think the islands of Santorini (a definite must) and mykonos are much more interesting. We also really like Rhodes and I know that there are other islands that people love as well. Not sure what your budget and time and interests would be like but Greece is so close to Italy that I would seriously consider adding even just a couple of days in Rome OR to on the other side to Croatia (I've never been but Dubrovnik sounds amazing). The gyros are so, so, so good. Sometimes you get them with fries inside of them and it's yummy! I've got some blog posts about our time in Greece that you could check out if you want.