Anyway, the whole point of my blog/rant today is to talk about parents who give their children stupid names. Do parents really not stop and think about what a name means? or how a kid will be made fun of? Just because a word is pretty sounding- doesn't mean it will make a good name. Would you want to be the kid named Calorie or Chlorine? Sure, they sound like pretty girl names... buuuuut... (those are just examples, I've not come across anyone with those names).
Here are some of the names I have a problem with. If you've used these for your kids, then... well, I'm not going to apologize for making fun of them. because they are dumb.
- La-a (pronounced, La.Dash.Uh "The dash ain't silent")
- Tirany (pronounce Tyranny. yeah, no matter how you misspell it, you still just named your kid after a dictatorship regime)
- Arian (is she going to grow up and have her own nation one day?)
- Cage (for a boy... yeah... no.)
- Bedlam (another boy. Yeah, you're gonna have your hands full with that kid)
- Breed (boy name. [staring blankly] )
- D'Loaf [crickets in the background]
- Dwodger (ummm...)
- Shithead (yes, it's a real name- pronounced Shi-theed. You can tell her parents really hated her)
- Alivyiah TreCole (pronounced Olivia. I stole this from Seriously, so Blessed. She made it up, mocking the parents who actually do this do their children)
- Qaadriyahh (pronounced Quad-ree-uh)
- Kaylub (Caleb)
- Kaileigh (Kylee)
- Larialmy (Laramie)
- Kaydunce (yeah, that's not gonna get made fun of.)
Don't even get me started on androgynous names. If you have a girl- give her a girls name, vice versa for a boy. Do you really want your kid growing up and having people say "Is that a brotha, or a sista?"
What are some bad names you've come accross?