Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fired

You all know how much I love my job at the bank... and if you know me at all, you know I just lied. When I moved to Colorado two years ago, I got a job to pay the bills until I got the job I actually wanted. Thing is, I got too comfortable in the job. It was easier to stay at a job I didn't like, and that- quite frankly- I sucked at, than looking for the "right job."

Well, I guess I learned everything I was meant to learn from there because at ten o'clock this morning, they let me go. I made a stupid mistake on Friday and even though the mistake was found, and explained, they had to let me go for "legal reasons." Meaning that if some other chump did the same thing on purpose, they would have to fire them too. If they kept me and fired someone else over the same reason, then they would have a law suit on their hands.

I can't say I'm sad to go. I'm sad not to have a paycheck anymore. That part sucks so bad I want to throw up- but I will make it through this. I have already filed for unemployment- I don't know if I will qualify because the reason I left was "my fault" but at least I am trying. I would like to think I could take some time off- write, visit my family, spend time in my happy place, etc- but I don't know if I will be able to do it knowing I don't have any money coming in and the little that I do have won't last long.

Maybe I'll go back to school, get my masters, or maybe a teaching certificate and help rotten teenagers learn to love the classics. Hmmm...

Personally, I think everyone should get fired at least once in their lives. It's a good learning experience. I am not bitter with anyone at all. And I have never seen the Lord's hand in my life more than right now. In a month if I'm not working, I may change that tune, but for now. Don't cry for me... but you can send money if you want! Ha~

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh boy......well I don't know what to say other than you know I love ya! You'll get it figured out, I know you will.