Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Disney Christmas!

Ok. This is what we're all here for. After a couple of days doing California stuff... we got down to the real reason that California exists.

DISNEYLAND!

I'm telling you now that a lot of these pictures (and there are a LOT of pictures) were taken because I have never been to Disneyland during the holidays and I'm very unlikely to do it again- so these were once in a lifetime pictures for me.

The entrance was super magical and wintery. It's funny to me- coming from the frigid tundra of Utah how they tried to winter-fy California. But it was still magical in its own right.


The obligatory post with the floral Mickey. But it was awesome because the red swirls on the sides were poinsettias! I tell you- we buy them back home, keep them alive for a couple of months- if we're lucky- and then after Christmas they just die. So to see them thriving alive and well outdoors is just amazing to me.


There is a giant Christmas tree greeting you as you walk into the park. Right at the start of Main Street USA. I could get used to opening presents under a tree like this.

 

Partners. One of my favorite statues ever. I mean, sure, I like the Statue of Liberty and Venus de Milo... but this statue represents so much happiness in my life. I LOVE Uncle Walt!


Remember how I said on New years eve we sat around hoping what good things would happen in the coming year? Well, we all knew a little something that Shayla didn't know.  Alex had a little something up his sleeve... well, actually it was in his pocket.

Ever since she was eight years old, my little Disney princess has dreamt of being proposed to at the happiest place on earth... And Alex made that dream come true.  I thought I had a million photos of this- but I can't for the life of me find them! I stole these next few from Shayla.


Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

Just to give a little back story info- When my brother, Randy proposed to Lisa 20 some odd years ago- he gave her a dozen red roses and tucked in among those roses was a ring box shaped like a rose. If you look at the picture above, Alex is holding that same red rose ring box. It was actually quite perfect. 

Image may contain: one or more people, ring and closeup


They're super cute together (in a gag-me sort of way) and I'm very happy for them. I wish them the very happiest Happily Ever After. And it's always good to add a new-phew to the ranks. We have too many girls in our family as it is. Ha!

Image may contain: 2 people, including Shayla Baker, people smiling, hat, tree and outdoor

The first ride we hit was space mountain. It's changed a little since the last time I was there. I'm not complaining, it was still awesome.

oh.... and fair warning, I look like a lunatic every time they take ride photos... so just adjust your opinion of me now before it gets worse.

 

Next was the Buzz Lightyear ride. I'm usually total rubbish at this game. My jam is the Toy Story Mania ride in DCA- but this time I did alright. I totally creamed Macy.


But she still loves me. 

 

As we wandered around Tomorrowland, I decided it was time for Churros. In an effort to stay hip, Disney has added some twists to the churro line. After this we explored the churros all over the park. We had to try all the new stuff. So Disney Marketing Team? Well done. It worked. We're total suckers who bought into it.


 They were BLUE! and they had GLITTER! OH Happy Day!


 Pro tip: Always buy them in twos. Because no matter how many times your group tells you they don't want one, everyone "wants a bite" so one to share- one for you.

You're welcome.


Moving on... time's a tickin'...


It was fun to see the Characters dressed up in their winter garb. At least all the Fab Five had on ski sweaters. It was super cute!

 


The mouse and the castle and the magic are all fine and good....

But here is the real reason I go to Disneyland.


Seriously though, these corndogs are so good- I would gladly pay the 100 bucks to get in, just to pay another 9 bucks for the corndog. They're that good. I'm not even exaggerating.

The last few times I've gone to Disneyland it's been the same ol' parade. So it was really fun to watch the holiday parade and see all these new-to-me things!




Question: are they really playing? Because how hard would it be to march in those costumes, practically blind AND play an instrument?





Snowman ideas!!!




Of course any winter parade MUST include Ana, Elsa and Olaf!


Hooray for the gingerbread! We like gingerbread at our house!





I've never seen Clarabelle in the parks! It was so exciting! (it doesn't take much to excite me when I'm in Disney)



 More gingerbread house ideas...

I've seen them in videos- But I don't think I've ever seen Lady Tremaine, Drizella and Anastasia in the parks. They were hilarious!



 Anastasia even came over and gave me my own personal money shot! She can't be ALL bad.




Enter the princesses and their handsome princes!


Snow White and Prince Florian


Tiana and Naveen


Aurora and Phillip


 Cinderella and Henri. (don't believe me about Florian and Henri? Check this out.)


Belle and Beast (or Adam when not in beast form)


And bringing up the rear we have Ariel and Eric. Yay!


It's a Christmas parade. of COURSE there will be toys!


 

 

 


And now we'll move back to something a little more traditional...

 

 

 


It was a super cute parade I'm really glad we had such great seats for it. Every detail was magical... as per usual.

The castle was so pretty with all the "snow" on it. I was excited to see it at night because I know the lights are fantastic. I've only ever seen it in pictures or on TV- so I was looking forward to seeing it in person.


There's a happy girl... :)


We went on my favorite ride- Peter Pan's Flight. Even if London is teeny tiny- it's still a little like going home. haha!


As we wandered past the Mad Tea Party, we found Alice and the Mad Hatter enjoying a turn on the ride. 


 


I was on the hunt for some cranial decor... this was one of the contenders.

but my big, fat head isn't quite rite for the mouse ear hats. keep looking...


While hanging out by the bathroom, we found a couple of tweedles. I've never seen them in the parks either- so it was fun to meet them- and get a little photo bomb by a certain mischievous cat!


Alex doesn't like big rides- but I think he did ok with this one. This was apparently the "love bug" because all the single ladies took a different one!


No matter how old I get- I still love the Tea Cups. We were pretty mellow though and didn't spin till we barfed.


I know your eyes are drawn to the super cute giant head in the bottom right corner- but if you look at the yellow teacup in the background you'll see some other cute faces.


Kim took the easy road... this cup doesn't move.


They have changed the Village Haus into Gaston's Tavern- so obviously I had to try the grey stuff.


It's delicious. Don't believe me? ask the dishes.

We were able to get on the boats for the Storybook ride- and I don't think it shows in the pictures, but there were even tiny Christmas decorations on each of the little houses and castles. It was adorable!



I love going with my family- but I especially love going with Jenna because we don't have to wait in line as long and she gets to go on twice as many rides! With the disability pass we would take turns going on rides with her- and she just loves rides- so it's win win for everyone!


I think my favorite of all though was how beautiful Small World was. Every inch was covered in lights and inside the ride it was decorated for the holidays all over the world. I would go back at Christmastime JUST to go on this ride again. This was the last thing we did. After this we headed back because we were all pooped!  We were going to try to do a few other things but we just gave up and went back to the hotel.

I'll just sit back and let you enjoy the ride. I'm not usually one to encourage holiday music outside the appropriate time frame- but just this once... Here... play this in the background to make it more enjoyable. Seriously- and don't turn it off. It's awesome all the way through!



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments: