Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Adventures in California

Hi! So did you listen to all 13 minutes of the Small World Christmas Soundtrack? DID YOU?

If you did... you may proceed.

Just kidding. I didn't listen to the whole thing either.

Disney day 2 took us to California Adventure. They have recently remade the Hollywood Tower of Terror into a Guardians of the Galaxy ride. I loved the original  ride- I like that it was themed around the Twilight Zone- but I also totally understand why California Adventure is phasing out the more California elements of the park and bringing in some of the newer Disney franchises. Star Wars is getting a whole land of its own- why not give Marvel a nod or two. It has probably made them enough money to buy a cup of coffee or something. (ahem...)

Anyway- because of the popularity of the ride we knew that if we didn't get on Guardians of the Galaxy early on, then we might not get on it at all. It was the first place we headed.

As much as I loved ToT, it was fun to step into a Marvel movie there for a bit. They've turned it into the Collectors gallery- all the things he's collected from across the galaxy.


As I mentioned before- Alex does not like the big rides- but he did promise he would at least try. Poor guy. You can see from the look on his face (front and center) how he felt about it.


After he got his land legs back, we thought we'd take it easy on him and we took him over to Bug's Land. I'm super sad they are getting rid of this. It is such a nice place to take littles and let them go on rides. The lines are nothing and it's just an adorable concept.

But... Progress. right?

Jenna was my buddy on Flik's Flyers.


 

I even got a turn with Alex on a ride. Francis' Lady Bug Boogie! Woohoo!


Next we wandered over to Tuck and Roll. Lisa and I sat this one out and let everyone else get whiplash.

 

 

 

 

Our next stop was Heimlich's Chew Chew Train.




Seriously- I'm so sad they're getting rid of all these little rides. Even for us kids who are really tall and can vote and rent cars and stuff, we like it too! I'm sure whatever they put in will be awesome- but I love bugs land. :(


 Being a giant myself, it's nice to feel small once in a while.



Some of the bugs land stuff has already been removed and replaced with stuff from Coco. I LOOOOOOVE Coco. I cried. If you don't cry watching Coco... you probably don't have a soul. Which explains it. Because Coco is about souls.


 

Radiator Springs was the thing I wanted to see most all decked out in Christmas. They imagination of Disney's decorating team has no limit. Everything was down to the fan belt detailed!

A garland of air filters, people AIR FILTERS! Who thinks of that? Oh. Disney. Because they're awesome! And snowflakes made of wrenches?! I'm geeking out over here!


And here we'll take a momentary break from decor to look at the picture of our awesome shadows.


Christmas trees made from traffic cones...


 Sarge's surplus was of course dressed in red, white and blue.


I wonder if they just bring in a bunch of car parts and say, "Ok team- make something christmasy."


The last time I was here this ride was Luigi's Flying Tires. Now it's Luigi's Rollikin Roadsters. Not nearly as fun- but still cute.

 

Macy and Kim were excited to meet Buzz.

 

Buzz, of course, was excited to meet ME.


As we made our way along the Pier, there was a bit of a holiday fiesta taking place!


 

Mickey and Minnie were there- as well as Elena of Avelor. We stopped and grabbed lunch at the Corn Dog Castle.

 

 As we shopped around, I found contender #2 in the what should go on Heather's Head? contest.

Cute.... but still not quite right. A little small for this huge noggin.


 As we wandered, we passed Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde. We didn't stop to say hello though. Sorry guys.


We found this guy- I can't remember his name but I'm pretty sure he's one of the bears from the Country Bear Jamboree- he was  giving this sweet girl some special attention. She was loving it. Super adorable.


We circled around and went on the Little Mermaid ride. I like this one- it has the feel of the older rides but it's new and improved. I just love how they make the story come to life.

 


Randy got to be my buddy this time. 


We circled back around the Pier and went on Toy Story Mania- my favorite-est ride!


Imma just go ahead and leave this next one right here...


I don't care how old... or big... I am- you're never too old or too big to go on a carousel!

 


Kim, what do you think? Think we can make these next Christmas? I can't... but you probably can.


One of Kim's favorites is the Hyacinth Hippo from Fantasia! We found her at the animation studio and did a little ballet with her.


We pooped out kinda early that day. We were tired. People were grouchy and there was a hot tub back at the hotel that was calling my legs. (of course by the time Macy and I got there it was over-run by unsupervised children who were using it as their personal swimming pool instead of the actual swimming pool. jerks. After getting kicked in the face twice we went back to the room)

So to end today's post- we'll just have this little fairy tale ending.


 





No comments: