Thursday, June 7, 2018

Sometimes It's Embarrassing to be Me

Ok, Ok, that last post was a little serious.

It's been a while since I've had a good old fashioned whine-out about dating.

Go read this article and then come back.

And people ask why I don't date. Because it hurts too much! They said it's the same sensation as breaking a bone. I've never broken a bone... but I've had my heart broken more times than I can count. And after a while- you start to avoid the thing that hurts you, right? It's just human nature.

Plus- whenever I do allow myself to remove a few bricks from my protective wall, I end up feeling like such a fool. I'm 40. FORTY. That's not young! But I still behave as though I'm 12 when I'm around someone I'm attracted to.

I wont go into detail because it's just too embarrassing... but yesterday at work my favorite flirting buddy came in. I hardly ever see him now that my schedule is so early- but I've been lucky the last few weeks. Anyway, we were chatting... and he said something... within context of the conversation but my stupid head took it a different way and I started blushing and giggling- which made him blush so blushed even more... because.... oh my gosh I just don't even want to talk about it. I excused myself and hid in my office until he left.

Image result for embarrassed patrick star gif

If there was ever a poster child for awkwardness... t'would be I.

1 comment:

Susan said...

😌☺️ still think you are wonderful!