Sunday, September 7, 2014

Cinderella Time

I don't know what brought it on- but I was just in a Cinderella type of mood today. I think the sun is coming out from behind the clouds and light is entering my life again. I hate to speak too soon- but I actually laughed like, three times today.

I KNOW!

I started out with a little Ever After


 Because Dougray Scott.

(trivia side note- did you know the kid who played her buddy, Gustav is the guy who plays Stan Shunpike in Harry Potter? Now you do. You're welcome)


Then I watched the Hilary Duff one- it's fluff, sure- but it's still a cute rendition.



(And I haven't watched it since I've discovered TBBT and didn't realize that Wallowitz made a small appearance. That poor guy is doomed to be a nerd in everything... forever.)


No Cinderella-thon is complete without the classic Disney version. I listen to the music all the time- it was nice to get a refresher of what is going on onscreen as well.


And finally- because the day ran out of hours- I watched the Rodgers and Hammerstein version with Brandy. I absolutely L.O.V.E. the music from this one and the cast is my favorite of all.


I mean- Woopie and Whitney are great... but I watch it for this guy:


Sigh...

I don't want you to go away thinking those are the only good versions. There is one more that was sorely missed in my marathon. I don't own it! (So next time I go home I'll have to beat my niece up and steal it from her)  The Slipper and the Rose- my all time favorite retelling of Cinderella. The music was written by the Sherman Brothers (so *that's* why it's so darn catchy) and it's just so romantic it kills me.


It's been a long time since I've had a themed movie marathon. I used to do it all the time. I need to get back into it- because it just totally made my day.

No comments: