Saturday, April 24, 2010

Silver Lining or just a Shiny Gray Cloud?

I refuse to give up hope that I still have a chance at the Ellis Island job.  It feels so right, and it just seemed that things fell into place so nicely.  It's been almost four weeks since I've heard back from Catherine, the director of the Immigration History Center, and I'd just about given up.  I know the peak season starts in May so I figured they would have the position filled rather quickly to get the new person in there and ready to go. 

I was talking to some friends last night telling them of the job and how perfect it is, and how perfect I am for it- but that I was pretty sure I was not going to get it.  They put the idea in my head- and I totally agree- that because it is a kind of a government job, I would have to get an extensive background check (which I totally knew, having worked there before- I just thought they'd hire me THEN do the check) and that it could take several weeks. 

So that was either the boost I needed to keep up my hope, or the puff of wind that will push me into a chasm of darkness when I learn I haven't got the job I was so counting on.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh Bakeshow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.