Monday, March 1, 2010

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Monday. Bleh.

I tossed and turned all night, and when I finally drifted off to sleep, I woke up crying after having had a nightmare that my best friend had died. I was inconsolable, her husband was in shock, and her two year old had no idea what was going on.  She had written love letters to them just days before, thinking it would be cute for them the get notes in the mail.  Little did she know they would be a voice from the dust.  It was a horrible dream. That's how my day started.

I walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror.  Do you know what a night of tossing, turning and nightmares does to the looks of a person. It wasn't pretty.  But after a shower and some serious makeup- I don't look *as* bad. Plus I'm wearing my favorite outfit that I can't help but feel cute in.

I got a callback from a job I'd applied for. They were interested in me and wanted to set up an interview- but the job is in Boise and when I told them I would have to relocate, I was told I was out of the running. He wanted to fill it immediately and not wait for someone to move. Sigh...

A few months ago my computer started doing things.  When I plugged in the cord, there was no power getting to it.  Sometimes if I jiggled and cord it would eventually catch and start working.  When I had the computer on my lap I had to be careful every time I moved or it would stop the power flow.  Finally last week it stopped working altogether.  I took it to the computer hospital today, afraid (with my luck) that it was not the cord, but something inside the actual computer. 

I walked into the nerds paradise.  I thought stereotypes only existed on film.  But every person who worked there fit the nerd stereotype, I'm talking thick glasses, and high nasaly voices.  I laughed from sheer delight. Luckily, I think nerds are kind of cute, so I found an attractive one and got some help.

A small fortune later, I left with a new cord and went home to try it out.  *sigh of relief*  That was the problem.  I have found that when it comes to machines or flesh, if they have to open it to fix the problem, it's way more spendy.  I got off lucky this time.  I just need to take better care of my Scooter (yes, Scooter the computer).

The one really ugly thing I have to deal with today (since I feel a *little* cuter) is this:


This has got to be the most hideous assemblage of prints ever.  And someone got paid to design this library. The library itself is quite nice, but whoever picked out this carpet- and chairs, should be shot.



1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm still alive and have no plans to die in the near future. So do worries there love!
p.s. You ARE cute.