Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A Year in Status Updates 2019

January

I got a lot of great things for Christmas... But by far the best gift is my electric toothbrush. I feel like I've been living in the dark ages! #thankyousanta 🎅😀

Today was National introvert day so I celebrated by staying home and hiding in my room. #celebrateeverything

Today was a bad day. Like, a bad, bad day. So all day I've been singing this song to myself- praying that tomorrow is better. #theresagreatbigbeautifultomorrow

Help!! I'm watching cake decorating videos and I can't stop!!

Last night's odd dream: I gave away everything I own, moved to China and lived on the streets.

Guys! My best friend, Wendy Swore is a published author! I'm so excited to read her book!!! It comes out March 5th. I've just pre-ordered my copy! #amonsterlikeme #reading #bookclub #ihaveafamousfriend

Today's version of "what song is stuck in Heather's head?" is brought to you by Mika. (Grace Kelly)

Today's version of "what song is stuck in Heather head" is brought to you by Carmen. To be fair, it's just the chorus. #Idontknowwhy.

February

media1.tenor.co
media1.tenor.co
Made it to work in one piece.

43 days till spring!

By now, you should have seen the trailer for Frozen 2. In all the commentaries that I have read why... WHY has no one brought up the question of Elsa wearing stirrup pants?

Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Who needs a man when you have such good friends? #happyvalentinesday to me!! Thank you my friend @azo_15a #unicorn #valentineflowers #luckyinfriendship #galentines #singleandokwithit #foreveralone #noreally #imokwithit #friends

Guys! They made a trailer about my best friend, Wendy Swore's book, A Monster Like Me. It's only a few weeks away from release!! I can't wait to read it cover to cover!!!

March

I got here before she did... She still doesn't know I'm here...  I walked in and saw her book on the stand and started crying! I think I might be more proud of her today than any other day in the 30 years we've known each other. #bestfriend #bookrelease #amonsterlikeme #bookclub #read #middlegradebooks #author #ihaveafamousfriend #hardworkpaysoffs

Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
After the huge crowd died down I let her know I was there. We hugged and cried and then I asked my #bestfriend for her autograph. Here she is signing my copy of #amonsterlikeme @wendyswore #ihaveafamousfriend #read #bookclub #bookrelease #middlegradebooks #monsters #mythology

Hey my Orem/Provo/Springville/Payson friends- Wendy Swore will be signing copies of her book #amonsterlikeme TODAY (Friday, March 8 ) at the Orem Barnes and Noble starting at 6 pm. Stop by early because they are selling fast!

I hope I never reach the age when you are no longer excited to push the buttons on the elevator.

It's the first day of spring! I celebrated by eating my lunch outside. Which means that I was cold. And my lunch was cold. But it's spring!

April

Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.

There is sunshine in my soul today. There is also anxiety but at least the sunshine is putting up a good fight 

I want a ukulele. Recommendations?

'How I felt today...'

How I felt today...

Waiting for Macy Baker to open her mission call!!!!

Congratulations, Colorado! You get Macy Baker!!!!

May

My greatest wish is to have just one day where I can say whatever I want with no fear of repercussion.

Heartbreaking. I feel a marathon coming on. 😢







I finally get to the point where I have my Visa number memorized and some fat head hacks it and goes on an Amazon shopping spree... Ugh... Now I get to change allllll my auto payment accounts. But thank heaven for fraud protection


Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
My dear friend Tamara Aganikian is retiring. To help remind her how much she will be missed I made this quilt for her. (I had help. Sharon Slack did all the hard stuff) it's made from my uniform shirts. So I told her it was like a hug from me. Pics: The front, the back, the quilting detail (which I did!) I even quilted her name into it. I gave it to her last week because I knew I would miss her last day. Thank you, Tamara for all you've done. You will be missed! 💔 #retirement #quilting #quilt #stmarkshospital

Alright Salt Lake Area friends, I need a good, honest plumber ASAP! Who can you recommend?

June

I just got an email from the past!!! My Amazon prime was cancelled almost 50 years ago! I never subscribed... Maybe the past is telling me not to...?

I've been trying to think of a word that would sum up my day. And I recall the time when at a Relief Society dinner my nephew Dallin described his bedroom as a "pig hell". That has been my day. My day has been a pig hell.

I went to the color run today. To run? You ask. Don't be absurd. To babysit an adorable baby while her mom ran. In the end we all had our #unicorns #colorrun #5k #auntlife

I accidentally stepped on a snail. 🐌 My heart is broken... So is his shell. I can still hear the crunch.
I wanna barf... 😖

Aladdin was even better the second time. Of all the Disney remakes this is the best by far! 💗🐪🐒🐯

Spider in my bed. Is nothing sacred?!?

I just spent two hours watching YouTube videos about Disneyland. Now I'm going to go lay on my bed and cry. #homesick

Best line from my dream last night: I'm standing in Disneyland! Why is there not a corndog in my hand?!?! 😂

Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
The assignment for the baby shower game was to "make a baby". Can you guess which one is mine? In my defense, she never said how developed the baby needed to be. #babyshower #thereisoneineverygroup #theweirdfriend #idratherbeweirdthanboring

July

House hunting with JaNeil Baker. One offer extended... Now we wait...

Life is too short to eat the outside of the cinnamon roll

Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Spent the morning at #TracyAviary. Before I could get a good picture of the #peacock, he showed me his best side. Dallin is an excellent bird feeder. And Valeri is the perfect tree! #birdfriends #emu #toucan #touristinmycity #niecephews #auntlife 

We went to the #naturalhistorymuseum and learned stuff... #touristinmycity #straightoutofmynightmares #fossils #auntlife #niecephews

Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Today's adventure started at #ashtongardens We got a golf cart to save Sadie's knees. I drove at first and that was scary enough. I let Mercedes have a go and held on for dear life!!! #flowergarden #touristinmycity #auntlife #niecephews #familytime 

Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Next, onto the #museumofnaturalcuriosity so much fun but I was totally out of gas so I didn't take many pics. #touristinmycity #auntlife #niecephews #familytime


Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Last stop of our summer adventure was the #butterflybiosphere All the bugs like Sadie. I couldn't get any to land on me. 😢 #touristinmycity #butterfly #auntlife #niecephews #familytime

All electronics are plotting against me today...

I'm going to the Scottish festival Saturday. Anyone wanna tag along? (Bagpipes... men in kilts as far as the eye can see...? 😍)

So I accidentally bought a house today. 😱😬😳😏😊😁

My favorite day of the year! I'm going to miss the #paysonscottishfestival when I move away. I love how early parents teach their kids. I will miss the athletes.... Er.. athletics... And it was fun to run into an old work friend @cherolynframpton . Best day. Sigh.... #goingsolo #medate 

Moving progress: I paid the title company and packed a box. Whew! #movingsucks #ihatepacking

At the premier of #fightingpreacher with some awesome ladies! #fightingpreachermovie #premier #utahfilmmakers

After the movie we got to meet the principle actors, a few supporting actors and the director. They all signed our posters... And not forgetting our favorite extra in the movie April Stoker!! #fightingpreachermovie #fightingpreacher#utahfilmmakers go see the movie! It was fantastic!

9 years ago this past weekend I moved away from Colorado. From my facebook memory flashbacks it appears I hated packing. Turns out it's still true. #packingsucks

August

Date night with my sweet auntie Ileen. I hope she knows how much I love her. I will miss her immensely and I am forever grateful to her for allowing me to invade her house for 4 of the last 8 years. #myauntie #datenight #thegardenrestaurant #amazingdinner #templesquare #touristinmycity #saltlaketemple

Great day at #hoglezoo with my friend Nora It was the most fun I've ever had at this zoo! #friends #zooday #girraffe #dontpetthegirraffe #elephant #ostrich #touristinmycity

Goodbye 801! Hello 208! How have I accumulated this much crap!? #movingsucks #happysad 


Heather Baker's photo.
I have keys!! I'm inside!! I'm a homeowner!! #firsttimehomebuyer #thebrokestiveeverbeen #soexcited #alreadymetmyneighbor

I made it from my brother's house to Walmart and back home. In the dark. Without GPS! #nailedit

I don't share walls, ceiling or floor. Hammer shelves at one in the morning? Don't mind if I do!!

'Look who made it in the fighting preacher promo!!  😎'

Look who made it in the fighting preacher promo!! 😎

Thank you for building my furniture! And the tension. 😂 Valeri Baker Reece Mercedes Anne Miller JaNeil Baker

Happy back to school everyone! Haha!! I'll just be sitting here... Not using algebra

After the pretty picture I posted yesterday, it's kind of embarrassing to post this. But I just have to tell you the story behind this. Nearly two years ago when I was evicted from the rat hole that I used to live in, this song came on and really boosted my spirits. It really helped me get through the last two years knowing that even though I felt I had hit rock bottom, but I could still stand up and keep walking. With the help of so many wonderful people, family and friends I have survived! I am so happy to be in my own space! I just can't even express to you how happy I am right now  so when this song came on today I had to sing with all my heart and share with you my happiness! #imstillstanding #themesongofmylife #grateful #firsttimehomebuyer #unpacking #morepansthananypersonshouldhave


Checking out the new digs. Elfie is exploring every inch. Nessa is hiding. Neither of them will have anything to do with me. 😿 Trying to not take it personally... #elphabaandnessarose #giveittime #newhouse #crazycatlady #reunitedanditfeelssogood

5 year old niece: "Are you sad your car is not as big as ours?
Me: No. I don't need a big car, you have a big family.
5: Well you need a family. Get a family.
M: how do I do that?
5: you get married. You need a boyfriend.
M: how do you get a boyfriend?
5: you just ask someone.
M: well where do I find one?
5: I don't know... Walmart?
Travis: I don't see why not... It worked for Shayla and Alex😂😂😂


Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
(Not a) date night with my favorite 9 year old! Pizza, games and introducing him to some classic Disney! #auntlife #niecephews

Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Just a couple of princesses hanging out. More pizza (she chose!) And coloring and introducing her to my favorite version of Cinderella. #auntlife #niecephews #princessparty #theslipperandtherose

September

The best part of taking a kid to church was that I got to keep the snack box while she was in primary. #score!

The grass is always greener... #yardworkbites #firstworldproblems #gettingwhatyouwishfor


Heather Baker's photo.
Heather Baker's photo.
Tonight was this guy's turn for auntie time! He chose to eat at "booger king" ate lots of rainbow sherbet and watched night at the museum. #auntlife #neicephews

Deep thoughts from today:
1. The books are so much better. Why do I even own the Harry Potter movies? They make me mad!
2. Jim Gaffigan is super funny.
3. These thoughts aren't very deep.
4. I should have stopped after one.
5. Maybe two.
6. This is ridiculous.
7. Now I have to quit on a logical number.
8. It might be the medicine talking.
9. I alphabetized my movies today.
10. I can't believe we're still friends. I'm sorry.


Me: 7
Flies: 0
Ahhh... The small pleasures of owning a home. #closethedoor

My car is a legal Idaho resident. I am not. #longlinesatthedmv

Ok, I'll bite.
I'm curious to read other people's answers and get to know some of you better!
Here goes nothing 😉

3 places I've lived:
1. 845.6 miles from Disneyland
2. 1025.9 miles from Disneyland
3. 2631.6 miles from Disney World (currently)

3 things I love to watch on tv
1. Classic Mickey cartoons
2. Duck Tales
3. Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers

3 places I have visited
1. Disneyland
2. California Adventure
3. Disney World

3 things I love to eat:
1. Disneyland red wagon corn dogs
2. Churros
3. Anything Mickey shaped

3 favorite drinks:
1. Ice water
2. Mint julep
3. Cozy cone hot chocolate


I'm officially an Idahoan! ...again (never really stopped claiming it.. But now I have documentation)

I vowed to not turn my heat on before October. I'm frickin freezing so I broke down and turned it on. It's October in Australia so it's ok... #itsgonnabealongwinter

October

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I feel sufficiently loved. 😄

Who knew The Hobbit was such a spiritual parallel?!? Elder Uchtdorf is awesome! #generalconference

I've never enjoyed getting in wrecks, but it's so much better when it's not my fault. #everyoneisfine #fenderbender

It's been a busy week! Thursday night we went out to celebrate @kimmybaker2012 birthday. Happy 30ish birthday! We played video games and went crazy. One nephew won 1000 tickets in one spin of the lucky wheel! #birthday #familytime #auntlife #neicephews

Friday night @kimmybaker2012 and I took all 4 kids for a #halloweenparty sleepover. #auntlife #neicephews #theywerealittletooincharacter #boxingwithninjas

At the party we got very crafty. MLB is such a good little artist, BB gives the BEST hugs and the boys were good sports about these blasted craft projects. The big one said ages 6+ and would take an hour. I'm 40+ and it took me 5 hours. I want my $$ back! #auntlife #neicephews #halloweenparty

To finish the weekend we went to the #boisestate #football game. We were on the second to last row up in the nosebleeds. So cold but so fun! #auntlife #neicephews #familytime #wewon

I'm speaking in church tomorrow if anyone wants to come sit on the front row and make faces...

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I have the world's best book club! We even got to interview the author! Thanks for joining us Wendy Swore #amonsterlikeme #mybestfriend #bookclubadventures #bookclub

Fun night seeing #thriller with the #odysseydance company but we were super sad that Anahit Azizian couldn't make it. 😢

I'm crying looking at pictures of my babies. They were so tiny! The baby pics are from @wendyswore before they were mine. They were originally Cleopatra and Hermione. 3 years ago today, on #nationalcatday my #elphabaandnessarose and came to live with me. Now they're big ol spiky monsters.... Who are still so soft and cuddly (when they want to be). #crazycatlady #babypictures

November

5 year old niece: where are your glasses?
Me: I don't wear glasses.
5yo: Oh. Then you need to put on makeup, you look weird.
Kids don't lie about this stuff guys. Haha!

Little sis and I ran away to Oregon for a #GNO why Oregon? #whynot !?! #lastchristmas

It's Disney+ Day! If anyone needs me the next two months my new address is: the couch.

So a blonde, a brunette and a redhead went out for dinner... #sisters #sistersnightout #watchout #thecityisstillstanding 

December

Sick today. My work outfit: red and white plaid flannel top, teal and blue plaid fleece bottoms, red and green striped socks. I'm a hot mess if ever there was one! 😂 #workfromhome

A little elf reminded me today is #nationalcookieday so I had some little helpers over to celebrate. Little miss scooped "one for the pan, one for me..." ODB dropped an egg on the floor... That was his favorite part. We had to stop for a musical number while they baked then fresh cookies as a reward! #auntlife #neicephews #baker #elfontheshelf #familytime

Hooray for no makeup days! #workfromhome

Oh my goodness it was a busy day! We attended my ward's Christmas breakfast- which was awesome- and then this handsome guy was baptized today. He was so cute about it and so excited! We followed that up with an intense basketball game for the big brother, then ended the night at Little Miss's dance recital. It was a crazy, busy, awesome day! #familytime #auntlife #niecephews

Holiday Inn, White Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life. Productive day. 

I LOVE MY HOUSE!!! ok goodnight.🏡

Got the 8 year old to watch Babes in Toyland. He loved it!!! #auntwin #classicdisneyrules

Started my day with a kitty massage. It's the most adorable pain I've ever experienced. She was pretty much done by the time my camera decided to work... But it was so sweet.

Rewatched the whole Star Wars series in two days. Who says I dont have goals?

42 Questions You've Probably Never Been Asked:
1. First thing you wash in the shower? My hair 💆
2. What color is your favorite hoodie? Uhh black? Blue? Purple? I don't know.
3. Do you plan outfits? Not anymore! #workfromhome
4. How are you feeling right now? Content 🐼
5. What's the closest thing to you that's red? My shirt... It's plaid.
6. Tell me about the last dream you remember having? My phone broke and I was miles from home and didn't know what to do. 📱
7. Did you meet anybody new today? Not really... Stranger danger!!
8. What are you craving right now? I could go for some popcorn.
9. What comes to mind when you think of cabbage? Babies... You know... Cabbage patch...? Whatever. Go away.
10. Have you ever counted to 1,000? Maybe once? I usually fall asleep around 783. 😴
11. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it? Depends on how drippy it is. 🍦
12. Do you like your hair? I need to get it done, but yeah,
13. Do you like yourself? What's not to like?
14. Would you go out to eat with George W Bush? Is he paying? Sure.
15. What are you listening to right Now? Ellen DeGeneres
16. Are your parents strict? Didn't need to be. I was a boring kid. Still am...
17. Would you go sky diving? Theoretically yes. Realistally... No. 😵
18. Do you like cottage cheese? Cooked in things yes. Plain? Gag.
19. Have you ever met a celebrity? Meh... I guess he was kind if a celebrity....
20. Do you rent movies often? Nope
21. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in? I'm in the living room of a 5 year old girl, try finding something that ISN'T sparkly. 💎
22. Have you made a prank phone call? It was a daily occurrence 30 years ago. 
23. Ever been on a train? Yepperdoodle
24. Brown or white eggs? Aren't they all the same 🐣
25. Do you use chap stick? No. Lip gloss 💄
26. Can you use chop sticks? Sorta
27. Are you too forgiving? Ugh. Yes.
28. Ever been in love? Nope.
29. Last time you cried? 10 minutes ago. stupid Ellen... 😭
30. What was the last question you asked? Where's the binki?!?!?! 👶
31. Favorite time of the year? Spring
32. Do you have any tattoos? No
33. Are you sarcastic? Moi??? 👼
34. Ever walked into a wall? Have you met me?
35. Favorite color? 💚
36. Have you ever slapped someone? Yes. And it felt awesome!!! 💥
37. Is your hair curly? Yes
38. Do looks matter? They shouldn't. 👹
39. Do you like your life right now? Yes!!
40. Do you sleep with the TV on? I don't have a tv in my room... No.
41. Can you handle the truth? I'd like to think so.
42. Do you have good vision? Slowly declining but still no corrective lenses. 👓

1 comment:

Melissa Ann said...

I really like reading this review of the year. It reminds me of how funny you are!