- I don't have to deal with in-laws. I've heard so many horror stories that I'm glad I won't ever have to worry about whose family we spend which holiday with. I won't have a mother-in-law to judge me secretly thinking that I'm not good enough for her son.
- I don't have to worry about divorce. I've seen so many people dealing with divorce the last few years that it makes me sad. People I thought were MFEO- but couldn't make it work.
- I won't ever get cheated on. If you don't have a husband, you don't have to worry if he's really at the office late... or with his Secretary (this isn't something that if I were ever to get married I would worry about... cuz if it ever happens, I will trust him with my heart and he would never do this... I hope). I may watch too many movies.
- I will never have to worry about being a widow. One thing that breaks my heart is seeing couples who are together for years- decades- and then one of them dies. I honestly don't think I could handle losing the one I love. On the same topic- I've seen an increasing amount of young wives losing their husbands and again- I can't imagine the pain of finally finding the one you want to be with forever- only to have it taken away and thrust back into the single life (shudder). I do not envy those people even a little. Is it really better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all? I'd rather not know what I'm missing.
- I will never be a mom (this is actually a huge minus- but work with me here). As it sits right now- I'm the perfect mom! I've never yelled at, spanked, or put my kids in time-out. Because they have never misbehaved (haha). I don't have to worry if I'm scarring them for life or if they will grow up to be normal functioning adults.
- I don't have to have a fit about the toilet seat being left up. I've never really heard my friends complain about this- but it's pretty cliche so it must be true... right?
- I am not a nag. If chores don't get done- it's my own darn fault. Those socks on the floor? Mine.
- I can come and go as I please. I can go out with friends whenever I want- as late as I want. If I want to take a trip- I can. If I want to up and move- I can. I only have to worry about Numero Uno.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
I heard somewhere that it's best to look on the bright side of any situation. I don't know who could have come up with such a concept (snicker) or if there is really truth behind it- but for the last few years I have been mentally compiling a list of reasons why I'm glad I'm not married. The list is much, much longer than this- but here is a a snippet of the list. I'll add to it as I feel appropriate.